Baby Has Arrived!

Hi everyone,

Siobhan Cole was born on Thursday, April 26, weighing in at 7 lbs., 2 oz. Everything went very quickly and great labor-wise, opposite of last time (26-hour labor that time - yuck). I managed to get through without an epidural or any pain meds, and I think that really, really helped me recover quickly.

Siobhan (pronounced sha-VON) is quite healthy but very sleepy, which is probably good for me. She's just an angel. I had no POTS-related problems during delivery and in the day after (except that I couldn't sleep at all the first 24 hours, which may be normal, due to adrenaline overdrive!).

Unfortunately, I am better off pregnant than not. About two days ago the POTS fun began again, like it did after my last pregnancy. However, I know what's going on this time, and it's not as severe for whatever reason. But it looks like I'll have to restart my beta blocker by next week if my heart rate doesn't settle down. I'm running in the 130s when up and walking, and 80s and 90s at rest. I'm going to try to up my fluids, change diet a bit, add some supplements and see if I get any results first before restarting the meds.

I will try to post some pictures later today when I figure out how! Maybe I can e-mail them to you, Katherine, to put on the faces page?

Amy

CONGRATULATIONS on your new little bundle of joy!!!!

PS that's my mom's brithday as well....must be a special day!

Congratulations! What a beautiful name! I was thinking about you when I woke up this morning--so it is good to see how things are going! I am glad labor and delivery went so smoothly. Hopefully the POTS symptoms will settle down. Post partum is a time of so many hormonal fluxes unfortunately.

Yes, send photos to dinetphotos@yahoo.com

Katherine

Congrats,am so happy, you and baby are doing well, can't wait to see your pix.Take good care Pat

P.S.I have an eleven year old grandaughter born on April 26.

Congrats!!!!! I can't wait to see the pics up..!!!

Jacquie

congratulations amy!

and welcome to the world Siobhan, what a beautiful name you've been given. i hope you're life will be as healthy and happy as can be. you're big sister will be soooo proud of you!!!

i am sorry that the pots is back amy (i remember my pregancies were the times of my life that i felt best) at least it is less frightening as you know now what's going on. i hope your body will adjust to "not being pregnant anymore" soon and that things will get better. i'm looking forward to see your photo's amy!

congrats to all of your family,

corina :)

Wonderful news about the healthy delivery and new addition to your family. So sorry about the relapse try to rest as often as you can :)

congrats!!! what a miracle to have a healthy baby girl!

much love and hugs to you your family and that baby girl!

i hope that you can kick the pots down a notch or 2 soon