ANY WAY OF MAPPING WHERE WE'RE FROM?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going to do this for one of the newsletters. I've already started on it, but feel free to speak up here too. I am also going to inclue where our physicians are located...that way we can see the physician to patient ratio in areas. Should be interesting...

Michelle

Michelle,

Are you going to combine names and doctors? I want to ask my doctors if they want to be named first. I can understand they would hesitate for different reasons (as being overloaded with all kind of different medical complaints), but I also see a need in knowing which doctor to turn to in case you need them. I was very lucky that my cardio recognized POTS, but he's one in a million in my country!

Corina

btw I'm seeing my doctors this wednesday so maybe you can answer me before? Don't want to rush you, I know you're very busy! If you don't manage it's okay!

Wish I was from the UK....used to pretend that I was Scottish when I was a little girl :unsure:

I am a West Coast US girl... I grew up in California but have lived in the Northwest for 17 years. The state of Washington to be exact... bottom part of the state.

Michelle, I look forward to the map in the next Newsletter!

~Roselover

Corina, We are including the physicians from our Physician List page. I know not all physicians are on there so it won't be 100% accurate, but I think it still should be interesting.

Also, we don't just automatically include physicians on our list. We first send them a survey and ask them if they would like to be on our list. Some well-known physicians, like Dr. Rowe or Dr. Abdullah, have chosen not to be on the list. There are way too many patients and way too few doctors, and sometimes doctors are already overwhelmed and don't want the publicity. If you want, you can submit your doctor's contact information through the "Add a Physician" link on the Physician List page.

Take care,

Michelle

I might be the most northerly member (about the same latitude as Juneau, Alaska)? I'm from Scotland, living just at the edge of the highlands. At least I don't have to worry about hot weather affecting POTS, we're still getting frost overnight here and its nearly June <_<

Felicity.

This is a great idea. Can't wait to see the newsletter.

I grew up in and currently live in northwest Florida - although hubby and I are looking to relocate possibly west or northwest. <_<

Gena