ANY WAY OF MAPPING WHERE WE'RE FROM?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Netherlands, near Amsterdam (and Leiden, Runnergirl!!!). Well, in my country almost everything is nearby :D

Danelle, what is NC? I think Del. is Delaware?

I like this very much, I took the atlas this morning and looked at all the States, I once learned them, but couldn't remember ofcourse :lol: . Now I'm trying to learn again! Maybe I'll copy a map from the atlas and place all your names in it, that should help me! This way I'm keeping my brain busy!!!

Corina

Ms. Maryland here :D

I'm sure there are other contestants representing MD as well.

I grew up in Arlington, VA--Washington, DC suburb. Lived in Botswana for two years, but otherwise all my education and career has been spent in Virginia and Maryland.

Michelle--do you already have this information on many of us? Are you actually going to make a map? I can help with that--I have access to geographic software that can make map images.

Katherine

Katherine:

If you are Ms. Maryland, then I guess I can claim to be Ms. Maryland - First Runner Up! :-) Or maybe I'll just take the "Maryland CRAB" title! :-)

I'm in Crofton, MD - about 15-20 minutes west of Annapolis - but my fiancee and I are building a home in Centerville, on the Eastern Shore. We may just flip it, though, as I am presently interviewing for a full-time position in downtown DC. If I get an offer from this firm and decide to take the job, we're going to need to remain on this side of the Bay Bridge!

I have lived in many parts of the U.S. though, and also lived overseas during two summers while I was in graduate school (first year in Barcelona, Spain, second year in Stockholm, Sweden). I was born in Ridgewood, NJ and lived in the following places over the last 34 years: Kansas City, MO; Newtown, CT; Central Florida (Tampa / Orlando); Atlanta, GA; Arlington / Fairfax, VA; Washington, DC (Capitol Hill); Boston, MA; and now the Maryland side of the DC 'burbs.

This is an interesting thread! Thanks for starting it!

RunnerGirl

ps. For my Dutch and Canadian friends: MO = Missouri; CT = Connecticut; GA = Georgia; MA = Massachusetts :-)

Ms. Virginia here :rolleyes:

I grew up in the Shenandoah Valley of VA

(My husband and I now live in Louisville, Kentucky)

I think that this is a terrific idea and will help all of you find even more doctors in the area in which you live. You may be able to meet if you are close by and form some life long friendships. It would also help all of you to have a friend nearby who understands your illness. Best of luck on this endeavor.

New York City born and bred, but now living in southern New Jersey, just minutes outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Croatian wannabe (Hrvatica, pronounced "Her-vot-eet-sa")

Nina

I grew up in Wappingers Falls, New York, which is in the Hudson Valley about an hour north of NYC. I went to school in Cambridge, Massachusetts and also lived briefly in Austin, Texas (where my parents now live). I moved to New York City about 10 years ago and have been here ever since. So I guess I'm vying with a few others for the title of Ms. NY...

I love that the forum is such a melting pot, and I can't wait to see the map!