ANY WAY OF MAPPING WHERE WE'RE FROM?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Julia59

I live in Toledo, Ohio.

Although a lot of people come here to see Dr. Grubb----there is actually more to see, believe it or not.

We have a excellent Art Museum---with beautiful collection of many different forms of art, including thier glass art---we are known to be the glass city.

This weekend is the old west end festival, and the "Toledo Art Museum" is in the old west end. The Old west end has a beautiful collection of Old victorian homes---and some people are leaving their homes open for a tour.

Julie :0)

Cool Thread!

I live in Titusville, Florida which is on the east coast I am about 10 minutes from Kennedy Space Center.

Hi!! this is really cool getting to see were you all are from!!

I am from Erie, Pennsylvania. about 10 minutes from lake Erie.. :angry:

Hey Dizzy girl,

My husband is from Erie, was born there and lived there until he went to grad school. We got married there in 1995 and he still goes to visit his parents and friends every August. I use to go there every August with him! We may have passed by each other sometime! :-)

It's a great place.

Stacey :-)

stacey, hi that would be great ..I live in Lawrence Park. feel free to send me a message!

I'm from Des Moines, Iowa. I was born in St. Louis, Missouri, but have lived in Iowa most of my life. Over the past few years, I've also lived in Iowa City, Iowa; Rockville, Maryland (near D.C.); and Minneapolis, Minnesota for various internships for school.

WOW! What a great idea. It is so interesting to see where everyone one is from and to understand how wide spread we are. With all of our world wide coverage, we can really get the word out as well as find others that need help also.

I live in Oregon, Ohio, just east of Toledo. I grew up in East Toledo. I am extremely thankful for the cool breezes off Lake Erie. I do prefer cold weather to the hot summer.

In this area there is a saying, " Wait 15 minutes and the weather changes!"

I have heard alot of people talk about Dr. Grubb. I recently found out that there are people I know that see him at the Medical College of Ohio in Toledo. But, right now I feel that my team is doing a good job of getting my dysautonomia under control. But it is great to know that a man of his expertise is in close distance to me which is why I feel this map is an excellent idea.

KathyP ;)

I dont know how I totally missed this thread!

I'm from Harwinton CT.... About 2 hours from New York City and 2 hours from Boston.....

I guess no other New Englanders??

Shelby, when I was about ten we lived in Spencer Iowa for about a year and a half. My dad's relatives are all back in Iowa and Minnesota. But it was teeny. We actually lived in Everly and bussed to school in Spencer, as I recall, or bussed to Everly. We lived on a pig farm. I fell off a fence into the pig pen and got a compound fracture of my right arm and them a month later got my appenix out and then a couple months after that I got scarlett fever. I missed about 3/4 of the school year and Mrs. Crane was my all time favorite teacher. She read Little house on the Prairie series to us and I never realized we lived so close to where they were. Now I would love to go there and see the old homesteads and things and go to Missouri to Rocky Ridge. Sorry, just rambling, and I guess there are a lot of small towns there. morgan

Morgan,

I still have the "Little house" series and still read sometimes when I cannot sleep! They are easy to read and I always think, wow I wish I had lived than! Inside I feel like some kind of pioneer :) . I LOVE to read about the pioneers in the old America. I have no idea where that comes from. Sorry to be off topic,

Corina

Corina and Morgan,

I'm hoping to go to Mayo sometime soon and I've been looking at where you can sightsee in that area. I found Independce (where Mr. Edwards got the christmas presents from Santa Claus) acroos the Mississippi river from Rochester, and you can also see Sleepy Eye, Mancado and even Walnut Grove. Oh. and Plum Creek. You can even stay in a sod house and there is a Laura Ingells Wilder Museum - living history kind of thing. (looks very touristy).

Sorry...a little off topic too.

~Roselover

Morgan,

I live in Laurens. I know there are more small towns than anything else around here. I go to Spencer for college at Iowa Lakes Community College's Spencer Campus in that little strip mall north of town.

Funny you say Everly. My fiance lives in Rossie and graduated from Clay Central Everly in 1998. His sister graduated from there in 1996 and his brother in 2000. It is a small world sometimes. Especially in Iowa. Drop me a line if you are ever in the mood to visit your relatives and maybe we can get together.

Shelby