DancingLight

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Thank you, Em that ?s better news.

I hope she starts getting better soon.

And for you, Melissa

I am thinking on you every day, sending you good vibs and praying for you. Furthermore, I know you are strong enough to get over this, so keep on. You will get better and will be swimming on the Net, again. SOON.

Love,

Tessa

thanks for the update em!

Melissa prayers and healing thoughts being sent ur way.. hope that you start feeling better soon dear

hugs

linda

Em, thanks for the update!

Melissa,

Hope your out of the hospital SOON...We are all thinking about you.

Jacquie

Melissa- You're in my thoughts and prayers...I know you've been through the ringer lately and I hope that you get some much needed relief soon!!

Em,

Thanks for keeping us all up to date...I'm sorry I didn't post sooner...I've been out of town for a couple of weeks without internet access. I hope that you're doing better too...please give Mel my love!!

I spoke with sweet Melissa around 4 pm today. Her fevers are under control and she is sleeping better. They will be discussing the possibility of a tranfer to Univ. of Michigan due to better methods of gastro testing available. She had a rough time with her colonoscopy on Monday... in comparision to previous ones. The results were good.

The medical staff are fully aware that once she's off the antibiotics the fevers will come back. She's still a sick cookie.

Love ya Melissa, and thanks to everyone on this board.

~Karen

Melissa,

I'm glad you made it through the colonoscopy OK. I was a little worried because you are struggling with so much. Your a trooper for sure, and I'm glad your fevers have subsided, and I hope they don't come back.

The U of M is a great hospital. They have been a blessing to my Cousin who's son Andrew has Cystic Fibrosis---and complications with his digestive system---gastropareses. They all know him up there----- :blink:

I hope they can get down to the bottom of all this for you.

Wishing you the best------ your in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep hanging in there dear.

pink-rose.jpg

HUGS,

Maxine

Karen pretty much summed it up...but for those of you who like more details...here goes...

Melissa (currently labeled human pin cushion) said she is hooked up to fewer 'accessories' (not her words), but that about sums it up.

She's off of the oxygen and also has the foley catheter out, both a relief.

Somehow despite, like double the meds for the colonoscopy, she felt it and was awake the whole time. UGH!

They were waiting for her to be more stable to transfer her b/c she said that they couldn't run any of the tests they need to run until the fevers were under control. Thankfully they seem to be (at least for the past few days) and she is finally getting some sleep, as Karen mentioned.

So, now it looks like they will transfer her, but nothing is definite yet--her case is so complex it's about finding a facility that will take her.

It seems most likely the infection is coming from the small intestine and leaking into her bloodstream. Now, how is this happening, why it's happening, and how to fix it? This is the next big puzzle to solve.

I used up her vm the other night reading your posts...so I've got a lot more to read! Thanks for keeping her in your htoughts. I think the prayers are kicking the bacteria and fungus in the you know what!

Later alligators!

Em

P.S. I love the graphics you are all using. However, I don't think my commentary of them is doing them justice! She'll have to check them out when she FINALLY gets to be in her own fishbowl...which still is a long ways away.

Melissa,

Hello! My husband and I are praying for you each day. Hang in here - I know there will be better days ahead.

We are all thankful for your presence on this forum!

Lisa