Melissa Update--part 4, Thursday Eve

DancingLight

Melissa still thinking of you and my prayers are with you.. i really hope that they get to the bottom of all the for you very soon....

hugs

dizz

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:

This thread is getting long! BUT I have finally read Melissa all of the posts under this thread! I think though that I missed a couple under other topics and will have to go back to those.

Anyways, she 'sounds like Melissa' for the first time since she has been in the hospital.

There are still so many unknowns and it is soooo incredibly scary, but right now, in the moment, she is stable. Aaaaah, deep breath, and maybe I will sleep tonight! :lol:

So, tomorrow she is being moved to the Transitional Care Unit where she will be for at least another week.

Also, they are hoping to have an outpatient appt. at U of M, but nothing is figured out yet, so I will wait until more details are known.

BTW, she has received several cards....THANK YOU! Lois, Dizzygirl, Tessa (yes, your card made it from Spain!)...and oh shoot, mental block! Sorry...but she thanks you and I wanted to make sure to pass on her gratitude.

Later alligators!

Emily

Guest tearose

Thank you em for the most recent news...this has become a full-time job for you!

I'm hoping Melissa gets better so you "loose your job"! :lol:

Melissa, keep getting better every day and come back soon as you can!

warmest wishes, tearose

Thanks so much Emily for keeping us updated! I'm sure you're exhausted after nearly three weeks of all this uncertainty about Melissa's health. Hopefully now both of you are getting a bit more rest.

Melissa,

I'm so, so, SO happy that things are finally stabilizing and you're starting to feel even a little bit better! I hope the next week only brings more good health and more answers as to what caused all those nasties to attack you! You're still in my thoughts and prayers every day!

(((HUGS))))

-Lauren

It is good to read another update. Thank you, Emily. Hope you slept better last night.

Melissa, I'm so glad to hear that you're stable and sounding like yourself again. It sounds like you're going to be there for a little bit longer, so I'll send another card your way. I hope that you continue to recover and grow stronger. I will keep praying for you. Get better soon!

Love,

Rachel

WHHEW!!!! Breathing a sigh of relief! Im so very glad Melissa that there is improvement on board finally!!! and also glad that you are sounding like ur old self!! are you back to talking at mock speed??? :P:(:P:lol: ((((kidding))))...

still praying for you dear.. and sending warm wishes of good health and recovery.. that they get to the bottom of all of this very soon... you hang in there dear.. If i where closer to you I'd come give you a BIG HUG!!

SO here is a gigantic cyber BEAR HUG!!!..

emily thank you so much for all you have done dear..hope that you are feeling well...hugs dizz

Thank you for the update, Em (DancingLight)

Take care, Em.

I am so happy that Melissa is feeling better. :( That?s a good news.

Melissa,

Keep on fighting. Hold on your strong faith.

You know you will be better and will post again hundreds of messages.

Take your time to recover and rest a lot.

I am praying and sending you good vibs and hughs.

Love,

Tessa

BTW:

Glad that the card made it! Hope you liked it :lol:

Melissa you are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I can't imagine dealing with everything that are going through. You are such a fighter. Keep thinking positive thoughts and remember that we're all cheering for you to get back home to a healthy fish bowl.

Hugs,

gena

Emily, do you (or anyone else here) have an update on Melissa? I'm hoping they've moved her to a bigger hospital facility where they have the resources to figure out where the infections are coming from.

Nina

Nina,

Things are sort of in a 'holding pattern' so I hadn't posted...sorry!

Melissa is still at Toledo Hospital in the Transitional Care Unit.

The doctors have been going back and forth with Univ. of Michigan trying to get her an outpatient appt. there. (University Hospitals in Cleveland did not feel that they could help her).

If she goes to Mich. it will be by ambulance for an outpatient visit hopefully this week. They probably won't admit her b/c now she is not 'sick enough'.

It's all a mess really.

As soon as she stops the anti-fungals and anti-biotics she WILL get sick again and it could be worse than this time around. The doctors know this, but don't have any other options at this point. It's extremely frustrating and scary.

She HAS gotten exceptional care at Toledo, even though it is a small hospital.

They were hoping to find out today about the U of M appt. today, and I will post more info. as soon as I know.

She is fighting for her life every day....and it is very hard.

Emily

MM,

I was a bit spacey when I posted the update....

You mentioned the source of the infection. They are sure that it is coming from her small intestine. The problem is locating where in the small intestine, etc. It is the most difficult part of the body to test and made more difficult by the fact that Melissa throws everything they put in her right back up!

Em

Hey all,

just to add a new tid-bit to em's post... the appointment at U of Mich. has been set for thursday this week. Melissa will be transported in an ambulance with a nurse to take care of her very complicated IV's (antibiotic/antifungal/TPN). They are hoping for the "best" scenario-- that U of Mich. will keep her, but it is likely she will just get a "game plan" for testing and then sent back to toledo. So frustrating and scary , but still, the next step.

Kristen

Whew, that girl has been through the wringer. I keep thinking maybe her family should scoop her up and take her to Mayo or something--I can't imagine they'd turn her away once she arrived? I don't know though. I can only imagine the worry her family must be going through. I'm thinking of all of them.

Nina