If You Could Get Rid Of One Symptom...(just One!)

If you could get rid of one symptom...  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how to respond, exactly. I think the over all feeling-like-something-the-cat-drug-in. When I try to explain with what that means, it comes down to weakness, fatigue, always-on-the-edge-of-feeling-worse.

When I'm in cluster headache cycle, definitely the headaches. I'd rather faint 15 times a day then endure those monstrosities.

I would have voted but I hit "view poll" and then it wouldn't let me vote. I would have put "other" and put that the one symptom I would like to get rid of the most would be "the feeling that I'm moving when I'm not". This is the most limiting to me as it prevents me from functioning more than the others do. It's hard to drive, work or even sit when the world feels like it's moving. I can still function when my chests hurts, I'm tachy, or nauseated. I can't work through the wierd movement feeling.

Great job on the poll! I'm anxious to see how everyone continues to vote.

Babette

I'm sorry, I couldn't choose one. At the time I'm having it, each one is the worst, although I hate having hours of irregular heart beats. However, it's only usually if it's hyperandrenergic pounding. Yikes, maybe that's it, since it causes a host of other symptoms. morgan

I choose Brain fog if I could think clearly then I would be able to handle the rest . I am or was a very strong person that could handle any obstacle in life but when you feel like your working with half a brain I feel hopeless.

Mae

I would love to get rid of the sensation like a panic attack is coming on everytime on I'm my feet for more than 5 - 10 minutes. It scares the begebees out of me and than it will continue to try to surge over and over again for an hour or two after... and than I get that horrible weakness/dizzy feeling, etc. So just the plain fatigue ***** but it doesn't scare me at least, but it does make the day difficult.

my pots doc asked me the same question in our first treatment planning meeting...he was surprised that I did not say "fainting", since I fainted at least weekly if not daily or multiple times daily. Nope, it's always been the fatigue that fetters me and disrupts my activism in life. He said that would be a difficult one to work on, and he was right...but it did get a lot better.

very interesting poll. I had to choose other after my experience over the last few days. Prior to that I would have chosen fatique probably because that causes so many other symptoms to come on. However within 2 days I had 4 unpredictable tachycardia attacks where my pulse went to 156 or higher, and I felt like I could not breath and like I would pass out. I had not had any of these for 6 months or more since being on mediction we thought was controlling the pots. So I would say unpredictable attacks that feel almost like a seizure, because I also tremble uncontrollably.Does any one else have these when you are doing something as simple as going to the store or sitting in bed?

I had a hard time choosing but to be honest with you and with the medication mestinson I'm on my irritates my irritable bowel is very difficult to live with. It was bad before meds now it's worse. I need to know where every bathroom is everywhere I go and never know when it may it full force and hit me by surprise. Had many most embarrassing stories I could tell but won't. The tummy aches and pains, the constant feeling of hunger then feeling sick, sick sick.... bloating you name it. I hate it.

another reason why I'm so dehydrated all the time.

I was surprised problems with blood sugars wasn't on the list.

• 2 years later...

Brain fog + GI probs would be the things I'd like to eliminate. As a second tier, the chest pains.

I've had the fatigue/dizziness/fainting spells for so long that the few times it all goes away I feel strange. Feeling dizzy = feeling normal to me.

My top 3 would be Fatigue, Brian fog, & pain. Fatigue and Brain fog (pain meds help with pain) I tie with those two. The fatigue is relentless and makes me feel hopeless. The brain fog is relentless and makes be feel hopeless. lol

I want my brain scanned looking for gaping holes in brain matter or white spots that must be there to make my brain slow and 'out of it"

erikainorlando You mentioned something I have felt and never seen anyone mention. That skin crawling after excercise; I was walking and felt that something very acutely. It seemed to be on the surface of my skin and all over my body. It was a pins and needles type feeling. I did feel faint and have lots of experience with fainting. I wondered at the time if it was my autonomic system trying to do something. Most people would sweat after walking, this pins and needles sensation was like extreme cold just on the surface of my skin.

I stopped for a while because I was near rocks and thought the feeling may have been a pre-cursor to a faint. After resting, I had to return to my car, the feeling stayed with me even after I sat in my car a while.

Do you have any idea what caused yours or how to stop the feeling.

Clicked other as the adrenaline surges and irregular hr cause a real sense of "dis-ease" like i cannot relax. These can go on for hours and althought the medication has helped , I still get the surges and they are still disturbing , but just to a lower level.