If You Could Get Rid Of One Symptom...(just One!)

If you could get rid of one symptom...  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My spaciness - the feeling while standing or walking like I'm experiencing serious depersonalization, the fact that I have trouble noticing/processing visual stimuli (people walking towards me, street lights, cars) and less so auditory (I can hear cars coming more than I can see them). The other issues are annoying to debilitating, but this one is by far the worst since (among other things) it also affects my ability to be independent, I can't drive, etc.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dizziness because it prevents me from driving to see friends and family....I'm using pressure bands for nausea...we'll see!! That's my second :(. But to be honest, I am grateful to God for every day I have to spend with family and friends that are close, and am glad that I can get out of bed. I know some that are bedridden and home bound with this every day!!

• 3 weeks later...

It's kind of interesting to me...right now I'm having trouble sleeping again, and I'm not as dizzy, but shakey, so it depends what day you're asking. It certainly is a potpourri of symptoms...never boring!! :wacko:

I would get rid of the flushing because other people notice it the most :P. I simply hate having to try to explain why the upper half of my body looks like a cherry. I never know what to say. Also when I am flushed is usually when I feel the absolute WORST. Cannot seem to keep fluids in me no matter how hard I try.

Other than that I guess my second choice would be dehydration. I think if I could just keep hydrated well enough, many of my other symptoms would go away.

Great poll!!

• 1 month later...

I voted for GI issues. For me, the GI pain and reactions to eating are the worst thing I deal with. If I could get rid of the GI / eating stuff, I think I could deal with the rest pretty well. I'm even doing better with the adrenal rushes / anxiety episodes I have.

Lindajoy

My choice wasn't listed so I chose "other"

I would get rid of my most bothersome symptom which is either:

1-the drug intolerance and adverse reactions to medications

or

2- the overheating, heat intolerance and temperature problems

I'd have to say, Heat intolerance. It's my worst symptom and no meds control that one.

I can relate to your reply, its exactly my main problem too. Have you tried a cooling vest ? I usually wear one in summer and also carry around a mini hand held fan and a pump spray water bottle, its helps a lot. What you do is spray yourself with water and then use the fan to cool off the water, its awesome and so refreshing, even my friends steal it off me to have a go and they dont even have Dysautonomia.

I really really want one, but right now it's out of my price range. I wonder if insurance would cover this? I do all of the water spritzing tricks. haha! I even get cool baths just to cool myself down. All it takes is getting overheated for 10 minutes and I get the beginning stages of heat exhaustion. Ugh summer time is not good for me at all. Same thing happens with exercise too. I get heat exhaustion from it...

I'd have to say, Heat intolerance. It's my worst symptom and no meds control that one.

I can relate to your reply, its exactly my main problem too. Have you tried a cooling vest ? I usually wear one in summer and also carry around a mini hand held fan and a pump spray water bottle, its helps a lot. What you do is spray yourself with water and then use the fan to cool off the water, its awesome and so refreshing, even my friends steal it off me to have a go and they dont even have Dysautonomia.

Something I've noticed just the past few days for me and heat intolerance is that it seems like my body has a hard time adjusting. I've turned the AC on finally and when I go outside I get really sick.

Before that though the house was open 24/7 and I was still sick but I didn't get those flushes of GI problems as often. I live in Florida, this is going to be a real problem for me because everything is air conditioned and it's hotter than blazes outside. I'm glad the doc discussed getting me a handicap sticker for parking. Especially since I have to wait for an employee bus at my job. The spaces are right next to the bus stop so I can stay in my car until I see the bus coming.

I've decided that I can't just pick one...because depending on the day, my symptoms change like the wind...today it is crossed eyes and blurred vision, last month it was fatigue, in the beginning it was dizziness and falling and insomnia. Sometimes it's GI or GU issues. My eye crossing is driving me crazy today. :blink: I just keep closing my right eye to keep it from happening!! :wacko:

• 2 months later...

Tough choice!

I dont experience fatigue or dizzines; I don't faint either. Headaches are manageable so I can handle them. Chest pain - scary! mostly because I don't know what's causing it and there is nothing I can do to make it go away (that's what I voted for). Palpitations used to scare me, not anymore, unless my HR decides to jump 50-60 bpm when I'm laying down reading a good book. Muscle and joint pain - this is something new for me, it's not too bad, but I'd rather not have to deal with it. Never experienced brain fog, GI problems, blurred vision or shortness of breath with my POTS. Anxiety - I still have some, but I think it's under control. Insomnia - a new symptom for me despite being on klonopin at bed time (guess my body got used to the dose I take and now it's asking for more - not going to happen).

Looks like pain is the winner here - chest, muscle, joints(unsure though if it's my joints that hurt).

Chronic infections, and taking forever to heal from anything. I'm with some of you....the dizziness is "normal" now, and I only notice when I'm not dizzy. Taking 3 weeks to rebound from a cold, though, is the worst, and I've been on antibiotics for the better part of 3 years for infection after infection. Second would be heat intolerance for me, as well, mostly because my insistence on running the air conditioner and driving with my head out the window in the snow makes my husband completely miserable. I was a championship water skier and went through college on a diving scholarship; I can't even go outside in the sun now without shaking and feeling like the world is spinning.

• 1 month later...

at first sob, but cpap is helping that alongside klonopin.

Now, definitely WEAKNESS (as opposed to fatigue). I dont feel sleepy usually, but

when i get moving to get things done Im moving at 1/5 my old speed because my tachy/flushing kicks in and i feel like im walking in cement.