Happy Birthday Nina!!

Sue

Awe, thanks everyone.

I'm happy as could be because we just got home with Wilbur--and the first thing he did was use the litter box, eat a meal and drink a bowl of water--which was great b/c we spent an hour and a half at the hotel with the breeder trying to get him to use the litter there. She'd been traveling with him since 4am and he hadn't used the kitty potty all day! He cried in the car b/c I bet his bladder was feeling pretty bad...

Right now he's exploring his new bedroom/bathroom suite. We had to do MORE baby proofing too--removing ALL electric and phone cables b/c he may eat them at this age.

I hope to post pictures soon, but right now he and I are just chilling out and I'm trying to get some rest. I was a little over excited last night and didn't sleep too much :)

So far my birthday has been GREAT. :) Nina

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Nina! Happy Birthday to you!!!

I am so grateful you have Wilbur there to start off the new year with you! What a FANTABULOUS birthday present. I can't believe how much work you had to do to prepare for a kitty! Can't wait to see pictures and watch him grow. Hope he sleeps through the night! :) Does he sleep right next to you?

Thank you, too, as we honor you on your birthday for being who you are and for your dedication to all of us and to DINET. You work tirelessly for us and it changes many, many lives...

Blessings to you this year and always...

Emily

well, i suppose it's good i sort of sent birthday wishes your way a few weeks back since i couldn't get online at all yesterday to send you (and wilbur!) wishes for an excellent day.

glad to hear that your new feline friend arrived as planned & and that your day was a good one.

and ah yes, happy belated b-day to my favorite mouse!

:) melissa

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say thanks again. I'm sick and have a fever--over did it with excitement yesterday, and pushed to go up to CT and back for the holiday...and get the house Wilbur-proofed. I took an Aleve and slept a few hours this afternoon which helped a bit--wish I could use NSAIDS more often, but once in a rare while is all my tummy can handle.

Wilbur gave me my first bonafide kisses today! He even kissed the vet (licks on the face). He now misses us when we leave the room, crying for us to come back. He's such a little goofball when he plays with toys. When I'm feeling better, I'll take new photos--and he's a gorgeous boy, if I do say so myself.

Lois, Wilbur hails from Missourri. He's the first, and probably only, purebred cat I've ever had. All my others were strays (3). Abbi was from a litter that one of my neighbors had from a stray. My momy has been joking this week that since I named Wilbur after my grandfather, she's pretty sure this will be the closest she's going to get for a grandchild from me :) you know how jewish mothers are.

Nina

Happy Belated Bday Nina!!! How's Wilbur doing?! He's soo cute, let us know when you get more pics of him! :)

Happy belated birthday Nina.. Im so glad that you got wilbur.. he sounds like a real blast!! cant wait to see more pics of him!

Thanks everyone, my birthday was really awesome getting to bring my Wilbur home that day. He's so funny--imagine a kitten, but on steroids (he's a BIG boy, 7 lbs already and he's not quite 17 weeks old--my other full grown cat is about that weight now), and on SPEED. I've never seen a cat OR kitten move so fast--he reminds me of those commercials airing here about "comcast high speed", where the guy drinks some high speed from the computer cable and then zips around so fast you can't see him while he cleans up from a dinner party in 2 seconds.

I'm going to post pictures in a little bit. Nina