Another Milestone Reached Radiation Over

Yeah! I am officially a breast cancer survivor! I have now finished radiation. Gosh, I am glad that is over. Radiation was difficult with the POTS--major dehydration and lots of premature heart beats.

Extra hydration - at least 2 litres a week, with an order for daily hydration if needed-- really helped me over the hump. I am continuing the hydration.

With the radiation POTS hole I was in, I started Procrit. My cardiologist requested the oncologist to administer Procrit when my hematocrit was 40 or less. I get weekly blood counts.

It can be done!!!

Please remember your annual mammogram! Studies show that while breast self exam is good most lumps cannot be felt until they are sizeable. Mine was caught through annual mammogram. Neither my GYN or surgeon caught it on breast exam.

Have a great week! We are off to Atlantic City to celebrate (hopefully win) my victory!!!

Thanks all who wished me well and spurred me through the ordeal! You eased the way for me!!! I will always be grateful!

Lois

Hooray!!!!! I'm so glad you are done with the radiation. What a trooper and an inspiration you are. I know you've had a tough time. Even though I don't "talk" with you much you have been in my thoughts and prayers so many times. You will continue to be in my thoughts.

I hope your hydration and POTS issues improve as well :)

Guest CyberPixie

I admire you. Thats one of my worst fears. Having cancer and POTS and having to go through chemo and/or radiation. Think I would go to pieces!

You're an inspiration to us all. Hope you celebrate in style!

A big YAY for you Lois!!! This has been a long road, but you've made it--and that's a GREAT thing. :)

Thanks for the mamogram reminder--I have a script for one in my purse and have to call today to get myself scheduled.

Nina

Lois,

I am soo HAPPY FOR YOU.....Dealing with POTS itself is hard, but dealing with POTS AND cancer...You are a strong person....and have a great time on your well deserved vaca.!!!

Jacquie

Lois,

I have been wondering how you are doing. I'm so happy to hear you are doing well and a SURVIVOR!! Hooray. You are truly an inspiration to us all. Have a blast in Atlantic City! :)

Hugs,

Gena

Guest Julia59

I'm so Happy for you Lois! I have a prescription for a breast ECHO because I have an implantable cardiac loop recorder. The loop recorder is in the breast tissue---and a mammogram would be to difficult---if not impossible.

You beat it!---and you did it while dealing with POTS--WOW!

Have a blast in Atlanta!

Julie :0)

WAHOOO!!!!!!!! YOU go girl!! I'm so happy that its over!! and you beat the beast of cancer!!

You truly are a survivor!! YEAH!!

enjoy atlantic city!!!

love and hugs

linda