Asking for prayers for my caregiver on Jan 4.

michiganjan

As many of you already know, my husband, Jeff, has stage 4 cancer with spread to his liver. He is my best friend and caregiver and I depend on him to make my life with POTS livable.

He was diagnosed on June 16. With the late stage of his cancer at that time, he has done well to survive more than 6 months. And he has really lived those 6 months, doing normal thing in between chemo sessions and taking care of me and our house. He has much less cancer than he did on diagnosis--not always true of 6 month survivors. We credit your (and other's) prayers and the chemo for this.

He has had 8 rounds of very agressive chemo. Only about 10% of cancer patients can tolerate the regimen he is on for any amount of time. However, the chemo is wearing him out and the last scan and scope showed that the cancer was not as responsive as it was earlier in the chemo treatments. I do not know how much longer his body will tolerate the chemo.

On January 4, Wednesday, Jeff will be in the hospital for round 9 of this chemo. Then, about 2 weeks later, he will have a scope and scan to assess the cancer. Please pray that this time, he will be in remission. A remission can give him some time off chemo to build strength for the next round. The docs tell me this cancer will certainly come back even if he does manage to have a remission. However we can pray for a remission that is really a cure.

On Wednesday night from 7 - 8 p .m Eastern time I and my friends and family will join voices to pray for a remission as his chemo is administered in the hospital. I feel like all of you are my family and I know many of you have been keeping him in your prayers. Any who can pray on Wednesday night with me is deeply appreciated.

You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers. I believe in miracles, I hope the new year brings you and your husband one.

jan & jeff -

you both have been & will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers. and will be in particular on the 4th; it's on my calender.

(((HUGS))) and more-than-human strength to keep on keeping on,

:) melissa

Jan,

I will be praying for you and Jeff. I am also praying that the Lord would work a miracle in his life.

Lisa