New Sunfish Thread

When i saw that only 2% have this I immediatly thought Meckels! why? My son had it at age ten. the drs thought it was flu, then dehydration, then appendix, then on naso-gastrc tube. finally they did surgery and the dr. came out smiling and shaking his head. (he had taken a shine to stu) he said it is so uncommen most dr's never see it and the 2% percent included post-mortems!! they took out his appendix just to stave off any future problem from that. you have the start from birth and it contines to grow and usually wrap around part of the intestines eventuallychoking it. my son son (who otherwise never got sick) was in hospital for another week. some how the surgical site got infected (bowel surgery is never completely sterile. he ran into a problem but that doesn't mean melissa will. the dr also saidhe never expected to see another one in his practice, and had a high mortality rate because of not being diagnosed before sepis sends in.

I don't want to sound too optimistic in case i jinx something but I really feel this is a very positive thing if it doesn't mess with her pots too bad.:-)

Hey Emily,

Thanks for the updates, I have been thinking about Melissa alot lately. :lol:

Melissa,

Hope your recovery goes smoothly and you are back home in no time..Hang in there, we are thinking if you.

Jacquie

emily thanks for the update!

melissa i hope that you are more pain free by now and that you are recovering and healing up ok.. thinking of you prayers are with you

love linda

Hi Melissa,

I'm hoping that your pain is abating now and you start to feel a bit more like yourself as they reduce your pain meds. It's great that you were able to talk to Emily - we all really appreciate any snippets of information on how things are with you, and are always hoping for news of improvements :-)

Hugs and best wishes,

Flop

just a quick "hello" to let you all know that i'm home (as of monday night) and hanging in okay. i'll try to post more of a update and "where i'm at" in the next few days. thanks - as always - for your continued prayers, good thoughts, and more.

love to all,

;) melissa

melissa so glad that you are snuggled in your own bed with your kitty...many hugs