My Weird Symptom

Be Still

if it is the dye that you are allergic too.. they do make dye free benadryl..

inreagrad to peculiar sumptoms.. shoot they all are!!!!!!!.. but I think that feeling like i have electricty running thru my body.. you know that one really takes the cake.. and makes me feel so icky

Hmm what comes to mind right now? Ah how about my butt goes numb?? Is that peculiar? Not just sitting either. :(

The weirdest sx I have ever had happened a couple of years ago when what I was hearing on tv sounded like absolute gibberish to me- it was the strangest thing. I couldn't understand what they were saying- I could hear fine but I could not make sense of any of it. It was transient and went away. It was realy, really weird. Looking back, it was probably a TIA as I had several that year. But it was a scary experience.

Currently, I like everyone else have a laundry list of peculiar sxs. I'll have to think about what are some of my stranger ones and get back with you.

Carmen

Once in awhile, my neck gets shaky--only occurs when I move my head. It is worse when I haven't moved for awhile. It used to be really bad, now it is generally mild. But sometimes I wake up at night and I notice it, as I move my position in bed! I find this symptom the most bizarre because it came on suddenly, 2 days after my daughter was born--and few other POTS patients seem to describe this as a symptom.

Katherine

yeah i cant also relate to the numb butt.. and the going temporarily blind.. ugh the not beeing able to see is scary.. kinda gives you am idea of what a permantly blind person goes thru..

my most peculiar symptom is that i can't sing anymore. i didn't even dare tell my doc: who is seeing his/her doc telling that she can't sing anymore???? i was afraid that he would think: now she's really nuts!!!

after some years it somehow came up in our conversation and he stayed calm and nodded and said: oh yeah, that's possible. it has to do with the bloodflow trying to reach the brain. when it's having problems getting there, it shuts everything else down (if i remember well :P ). i was sooooo amazed about his calm reaction and plausible explanation :lol:

corina :)

I'm allergic to Benadryl.

Monica

the right side of my face is numb all the time (i always burn myself with the curling iron) and at different times different parts of my body either go numb or just don't feel pain or touch the same as it should typically feel. yes on the numb butt, yes on the electricity feeling going through the body. weird sensations all together.

i thought of 2 more.. as i layed in bed lastnight unable to sleep..and I'm stillawake at almost 8am!! (UGH)..

I was laying there and had the "spinning fan effect" right smack dab in front of my euebalss..i call it the spinning fan effect b/c wit doesnt matter if my eye are closed orr open...the sight is really dim and dark.. and the darkness swirls/or spinns.. in the opposite direction that a fan (fanblades) would normally a spin.. ans I hate it! it makes me very very very potsy!! :):o

also i hate when I look like outside as i lay on the couch...tachy and hypotensive.. and look at the wall on the neighbors house (oh what aview!!.. NOT is a brick wall none the less!).. well that brick wall MOVES!! It like does the wave.. LOL.. :huh::blink: seriously it does....oh yeah and having a BP of 150/0-- kinda weird...

anyone else do this?

averytireddizzy :P

Great post. I have 2 weird symptoms. The first is that the ground sometimes feels like it's moving up and down when I'm walking. This symptom used to be terrible and I could barely walk before. I felt like I was walking on a boat. The second symptom is that sometimes, lights look brighter than they actually are. My family believes me, but I think if I told anyone outside the POTS community, they would think I was crazy! :P

Ok this is odd to me but when I get the chestpain, and headaches, some times my lip on the left side goes numb. It always goes away but it kind of odd. :ph34r: The other is i wake up somtimes in the middel of the night to my left twicting (ps?) is kind of odd, and my heart will be racing, with in a few mins. of waking up I will be fine.

Amy

I would have to say one of the weirdest symptoms I get is if I look at a magazine, when I am reading the print the pics seem to move around....WEIRD. I have a hard time reading because the pictures get over the words..not really but in my eyes it does!

Jacquie