Baby is Finally Here!!

Hey all :P I just wanted to let you know that our long awaited liitle Alex arrived on Thursday June 16th at 12:15 a.m, after 16 hours of labor. He weighed 7.0 lbs and was 20 1/2 inches long. We are both doing great and so far haven't had any POTS related complications except for some dizziness the first 2 days which has subsided and I feel almost normal now already. The labor went well at the birthing center and I was able to have the birth experience of a lifetime.

My water broke at 8am on Wednesday at home, and the contractions didn't really get going regularly until about 4pm. We got checked around 6pm and I was only 3-4cm, so my midwife suggested that we walk as much as possible to speed things along. David and I walked on the beach, watched the sunset, and headed back to the birthing center around 8pm. When the contractions were about 3 minutes apart, I got into the birthing tub for a while until my blood pressure started to spike (from the pain I guess) and then I got out and laid on my left side for a while. It was still wwaayyy too high but thankfully he was born within a half hour and it went back down promptly to normal. We went home a few hours later where we recovered in peace and it was absolutely awesome. Ethan is adjusting well although I've had my mom and David here every day to help- it's been busy for sure. Here are a few pics:

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/ge/get...sunbathing3.jpg

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/ge/get...anAlexPlay2.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well!

HIP HIP HOORAY! i've been anxiously awaiting the news to know you are all doing well! thank you so much for checking in and sharing the pics of your beautiful boys! i am also thrilled that you did so well with delivery as i know how worried you were...

you are really amazing jess! when you can, keep us posted and send PICS! i love pics! :)

love, em

Guest Julia59

Congratulations Jessica! What a beautiful boy you have----both of your boys---just adorable! Welcome to the world---little Alex.

I'm glad you had a beautiful birthing experience. This is something to remember for sure. Take care------What a blessing this all is.

Julie :0)

It reminds me of the song "Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful Boy" from the movie Mr. Holland's Opus. Both of your children are so adorable. Congrats on bringing Alex into the world and I'm glad you are doing well overall.

Keep up posted with more pics.

Hugs,

gena

Congrats Congrats Congrats!!! I was hoping that the good news would be posted soon...so thanks for posting & sharing the pics too. Again, congrats on two beautiful children. And so glad to hear that you are both doing well.

:-)melissa

Congratulations Jessica! I'm so glad everything went well and you have a beautiful new addition!! :D