please send prayers and thoughts

morgan617

my husband is my greatest support system. he is a wonderful man, husband, father. he has taken care of me for so long, but now he is pretty sick. he started with a cold several weeks ago, everything got better, but he couldn't stop coughing. the cold came back with a vengeance and he got antibiotics and an inhaler. then in the middle of that his gallbladder bit it! he's never had problems. he was miserable for 5 days and they finally took it out last friday. well he still had all that respiratory crud going on and they didn't want to give him a general, but his gallbladder was on the verge of rupture. the doctor said they had to take it. he said it was the worst gb he'd ever seen. he wanted him to go home in two hours, but dave was in so much pain and so snowed by the general, (he has severe narcolepsy which doesn't help) they decided to keep him over night. well his temp was above 100 on saturday, but the doc said that was perfectly normal! not ever in my 30 years of nursing did we consider it normal to have a temp post op. so he went home and then just got sicker and sicker. i called the doctor on call sat night and he said so what, he'll get better. i called the primary on call and he said to just continue his antibiotics. i told him he didn't have any because they didn't send him home on any. he said well that's too bad, but he's young...he's 47. so sunday morning i called a doctor friend and he said take him to the er and get blood work, chest x ray and antibiotics. so i did, and they admitted him. i thought the care from some of my doctors was bad!!!! well they did a chest x ray and his lower lobes on both sides were collapsed and he has pneumonia in the right one. so they admitted him. while he was there they did an ekg and i saw on the sheet it was abnormal. he gets ekg's every six months because of the meds he takes for his narcolepsy. he's never been abnormal. the doctors never once mentioned it, so i thought it was just a little too slow or fast from his fever. but he was going home today and his care was so awful, i asked one of the nurses for a copy of it. it says he's in heart failure!!!!!! not one fricken doctor said one word. it wasn't even signed off!!! now all day long he's been very tachycardic and short of breath. he is seeing his primary tomorrow. they never even called him to tell him dave was in the hospital. i called them this afternoon and they are seeing him first thing in the morning. i am seeing total red. i am so tired and sick myself. i am having to drive and i'm not supposed to , but he is sooo sick. he hasn't missed a day of work in 6 years and now all this! so, please if you could send prayers and good thoughts our way, i'd really appreciate it. thanks, morgan

Morgan,

So very sorry to hear about your husband. I will say many many prayers for him to get better real soon. I know it must be frightening for you in so many ways. The medical system can be so frustrating. It's like some doctors just treat you as a number not a human being. They don't pay attention to the details and often down play serious symptoms. Just let your husband know that you are there for him and we'll keep him in our prayers. Perhaps you can get a neighbor or a friend to drive you and your husband to the appt. so you don't have to drive. Please keep us posted on his condition.

Hugs and Blessings.

OMG Morgan! So sad that bad medical care is an equal opportunity problem. I hope you can go to a different set of doctors or hospital if need be.

I will be thinking good thoughts on your husband's behalf. I hope he makes a super-speedy recovery!!! :) Nina

Morgan,

I am so sorry you and your husband are having to go thru this. I will keep you and him in my prayers. Doctors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know where to start. I hope you husband recovers quickly and you try to take as much time as you can for yourself so you don't get into a bad place yourself. If you have any help you can call on, now would probably be a good time. Be careful and take care.

Hugs

Paige

Morgan,

I will pray as hard as I can for him to get better and for you to get through this. I am so sorry you have been let down by the doctors where you are -- what a shame. If they would just realize that listening to their patients & families makes more sense than numbers and tests ...

Amy

Ditto from me, Morgan! What an awful experience! I feel for you ... You're doing a great job under remarkably trying circumstances, though -- you're HIS guardian angel right now, making sure he gets the care he needs. You and he both will be in my thoughts and prayers; wishing him a speedy recovery and you the strength and energy you require to help him on his way.

Merrill

morgan...

wow! you got a lot of responses fast tonight! i hope they lift your spirits a bit...and let you know how much we all care about you on this board.

right before i saw your post i was getting ready to post or email to you...so i am glad that you posted to let us know where things are with you and dave. please, please, turn to us when you need support over the next few days.

i am about to hit the sack, which is why this message is a bit flighty...so i will say a prayer for all of you right now.

sorry to keep this so short. but i saw it right before i was going to turn off my computer before bed...and had to respond and at least let you know i am thinking about, k?????

more later alligator!

HUGS.

emily

Guest tearose

oh morgan, how frightening it must have been as this was all unfolding. Please be extra careful to get whatever moments of rest you can in between all that is going on. I pray for your husband to heal well and swiftly and to have good doctors to help now. I also pray for your continued strength and good decision making. I'm sending special requests for you to feel the special love and comfort of friends and family and to not loose your resolve! take care, tearose

Morgan,

I'm so sorry, I was hoping Dave was finallyon the mend. You have been through so much in the past few weeks.

You guys are in my thoughts. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Gayle

Morgan,

I hope your husband is a bit better today. I'm very sorry for the both of you for having such a hard time. I hope you can get some people to help you out in maybe cooking, doing the groceries etc. so you can have some rest yourself. Sending VERY good thoughts your way,

Corina

Morgan

So very sorry that your husband is going through all of this, and with such terrible medical care.

What is it going to take to change the quality of care that seems to be the norm these days? It is so incredibly frustrating and upsetting to read your message.

Hope he is on the mend very soon. He and you will be in my thoughts.

Katherine

I hope he will be better soon and you both are in my thoughts and prayers!

Stacey

Guest Mary from OH

{{{{{{Morgan and Dave}}}}}}

Hugs and Prayers to you both!!!!

First off, take him back to the hospital, preferably, a DIFFERENT one!!! They need to be taking care of him!! Obviously he needs some serious attention. I hope your family dr feels the same way. This sounds like nothing to mess around with!! I pray that he starts to feel better soon!!

Take care and TRY to take deep breaths!! We will all be praying for the both of you!!

Healing hugs and prayers BOTH your ways!!! :wub::(:angry::wub:

Hello, My name is Bobbi and I saw your request for prayer for your husband. I will put him and you on my prayer list. I know what it is to have a sick husband and he was my whole world. I would not wish on anyone the grief I have gone thru. Please Know that my prayers are with you. Bobbi