Very Sad News About Mary From Oh

MightyMouse

Hello everyone, this morning I received an email from Mary's husband Todd. Here what he sent.

"I hope all of you are doing well, some of you on this list I do not know, others I know quite well over the past years. I found this list on Mary's email program. Many have been students of Mary Allen by means of learning English.

On Sunday, September 9th, Mary passed away unexpectantly. She was diagnosed with pneumonia the Friday before (7th) and had complications very late Saturday night. The funeral is on Friday, September 14th. Mary was 38 years old.

Marissa is now 8 years old. Marissa and her Dad will be fine, but it will take time to get over this loss. Please keep Mary and Marissa in your prayers.

I hope all of you are doing well. And for those of you that are Japanese friends, students, and home stay students - she, me and Marissa really loved the time we had with each of you. Mary really treasured the passion of teaching each of you."

Nina

What horrible news to hear, Mary was soo young. I am very sad to hear this news, her family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Jacquie

Hello everyone. I am posting a link to Mary's obituary. Some here had written privately expressing concern about posting this b/c it contains a great deal of personal information--however, as it was published in a publicly available newspaper, the information is already "out there", so posting it here poses little risk to Mary's family--and may give them an extra boost in the way of condolence cards from friends they may not have realized cared so much for her and care how much she gave to everyone here.

Love to you all.

Nina

http://www.legacy.com/Dispatch/Obituaries....rsonId=94295953

Thanks Nina,Mary,her family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers,Pat

I am so sad as well. I will be praying for all of the family and friends who are grieving.

Lisa

i am very shocked and very sad to hear this. it is very hard to accept that mary died at such a young age and that she died of pneumonia.

i remember how much she worried about the health of her daughter marissa and about being a good wife to her husband, as she had so much healthproblems herself. i hope you may rest in peace mary and that your husband and daughter will find the strength to go on without you.

love,

corina

thank you for letting us know nina

I am so sad to hear this! My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.