My Mother Passed Away Today At 3:20pm

Maxine

Today I went to the hospital to meet with my Dad and Hospice----my brother was there with his wife also. My Aunt--(my mom's sister came also). My brother Joe was very scared---he has cancer too. He had been on chemo and radiation after a bowel resect for colon cancer last year. Well they just found a spot on his liver---(but atleast this is found early). They moved my mother to the hospice care unit of the hospital at about 12:30, and she was only there a couple hours and she passed away.

They could not console her pain in the hospital----finally just before they moved her to hospice, they added ativan to her pain meds of vicodin, morphine, and oxycotin. She went out---and I only heard her cry out once. They got her to her room, and we sat with her and my Dad a while. The ativan ended her misery, but she was out of it.

I was able to see her all week while going over to the rehab center, and to the hospital ---both Friday when we got the bad news, and Saturday with my husband. She even joked with us a little---------but she was still in so much pain. I bought her some lemon pie--(her favorite)-----she nibbled two bites, but when my Dad wanted some---she said "no way". So she still had a little spark-------------

Today my husband and I left the Hospice care center to go buy some ham, turkey, fruits, vege's-----------just some quick easy things for my Dad to eat. I'm so glad my husband was there to help me because, although I felt wired, I was really wiped out at the same time. We were going to take a little rest and go back over to Hospice with some food for my Dad, and to see my Mom. She passed away very quickly, before we could go back. Dad said she went peacefully, and she looked like an Angel. My brother James was with him. We will all miss her dearly.

Thank you all so much for your kindness and support.

Maxine

Maxine

I am so VERY sorry for the passing of your mother, and the suffering she endured.

You have had much going on the past several months and I hope with loved ones and counseling, you are able to work thru the dark days ahead.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your entire family..

Sophia

i am so so sorry for your loss and cant imagine what you are going thru, my mom is my whole world so i cant imagine the pain you must be going thru, i dont know how close you were , but the passing of a parent is always a terrible ordeal and i hope you find the strength to cope during this difficult time,

radha

:(:huh::( Maxine....Im soo soo very sorry to hear that your mom passed away yesterday....I'm glad to hear tho tht she finally got some real pain relief and wasnt suffering like she was...that is a blessing in and of it self..

You take extra good care of yourself during this time and the days that are going to follow...I/we are here for you dear

my prayers are with you and your family

much love and many hugs

linda

maxine,

i am very sorry for your loss. we don?t want to loose our mom, not in a million years. yet we know that there is a time we have to let go. i'm thankful that you're mom doesn't have to suffer anymore (which must be so very painful to you and your family as well, seeing your loved one suffering from pain), still you will be facing a very difficult time.

thinking of you and your family,

corina

Maxine,

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I am sending comforting thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Sheridan

Maxine,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family have been through so much recently. I am glad that your mother eventually found some relief from her pain and was able to go to the hospice. Whilst I can't imagine how much pain you must be feeling try to take comfort from the thought that she has found peace and will always be with you in your heart.

Best wishes at this difficult time,

flop x

i'm sending lots of good thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this time. take care of yourself the best you can.

hugs,

melissa

Maxine,

What a whirlwind you have had...everything just happened so fast. I am so sorry for your loss. One minute you're preparing for surgery and then next your mom is gone, or so it seems it went that way.

She was in so much pain, the only blessing is that she did not spend a long time in hospice in that much pain. Still that does not lessen your loss or your pain.

Know that you are in my thoughts.

Love,

Emily

So sorry to hear of your loss , please send my deepest sympathy to your dad and the family , I pray you will find some comfort in the fact that your mother is no longer in pain and now at rest.

At some time in our futures we will all loose someone we love , and this site and the fellowship we all share makes us think about not only our own families and friends , but of the families of those we speak to each and very day , we are all part of one big family on this site, so when one of our family is in need , we cast away our own problems and pain and instead turn our thoughts to you .

You have our prayers and our love Maxine.

Ami.