My Mother Passed Away Today At 3:20pm

Maxine

Thank you all so much for your sympathy and compassionate words.

This is a very sad time for all of us, but it's comforting to know she is not in pain. Sadly it was only 48 hours from the time she was diagnosed with terminal cancer that she passed away. She was only in hospice care for three hours. I think as soon as they had her pain truly under control she decided she didn't want to take any chances on this earth that more pain will return, so she peacefully drifted into a better place. She suffered for so long, and none of us knew how terribly full of cancer she was.

There were so many tests---including abdominal CT scans, but somehow my poor mother fell through the cracks-----it seems as if she wasn't taken seriously by her doctors when she talked about the severity of her pain.

Many of us in the family feel terrible that we pushed her to move because of the blood clots-----it was later that we were told the blood clots were a result of the cancer. The poor dear couldn't move----------only God knows how long the cancer was there. The Docs sure didn't know until 48 hours before she died. We were told she had a tumor in her bladder, and that it did not spread, and that wouldn't be that painful, and her pain was probably a result of her pleural effusion in her lung cavity------but in fact, this was also cancer they missed.

Right now my dad is taking this very hard which is expected---he wakes up and sees all her things around him. Each day I have gone over there to help him, as well as my brother James. My other two brothers are pitching in, as well as many friends who are helping keep by bringing all kinds of food to their home. We both went to the funeral home with him to arrange the showing, services, and cremation, and we also went to the church. He is going to join the church, and get invloved in activities. He also wants to go to South Carolina at some point to put my mother's ashes in the ocean-------this is what she wanted. This is where they went every year.

Here is a copy of the obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/ToledoBlade/Obituari...rsonId=86637889

Thanks again for all your caring words.

Maxine :0)

Maxine

I am so sorry for your loss. I truly believe one of the hardest things to go through is when the loss of your mom. Mine has been gone for 4 years now and life has been so different. My only words to pass on to you is to remember the spark that she had and keep her dear in your heart.

Again I am sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep your family in my thoughts.

Stevie