I SO Love My Doctor

morgan617

As some of you know, I was in the hospital to check for seizures and this neuro guy just blew my world apart. EVERYTHING that's ever been wrong with me is in my head. If I wasn't depressed before meeting him, I sure was after!!!! :(

Well, my pcp has a great deal of respect for him and I haven't seen him since the diagnoses of conversion disorder of everything was given. This man has been my doctor for 22 years. We are the same age. Well, he's two years older. He has heard it all with me. He is so frustrated, trying to help me, and I am so tired of hearing I'm crazy, I just tried to believe it this time. I couldn't, but I tried. :huh:

Anyway, I was terrified to see him, because I wondered if he was so frustrated he would believe him???? I wouldn't blame him, but he is the only doctor that's stuck by me. This guy is so smart and dedicated. He is an internist and intensivist. He recieved the AMA doctor of the year last year. He told me He would always remember me as his biggest failure, and he takes care of 95% of the sickest people in the pacific northwest. He reads everything I bring him, has done every test available here and tried relentlessly to get me into Vandy, NIH, Cleaveland, you name it. But after so long, it would be so easy to say, okay. she's a nutball after all and just give up on me.

So, they call today and have a cancellation, can I come in? Oh my dear, here it is. :)

He was incredible. I told him I wasn't crazy, I was sick. And bless his heart, he totally agreed!!! He stopped listening after the neuro said no seizures. That's all he needed to hear. He said my body was so messed up, he didn't think we would ever know for sure what the "official" diagnoses is, but it's not good. He doesn't care what the heck anyone feels about my emotional state, he knows I'm depressed, who wouldn't be. All he wants is to make me feel better physically. He said, his biggest fear is that he's missing some little thing that could make all the difference with me. He actually has nightmares about it!

The entire visit could not have been more positive! He completely acknoweledges something wrong in several areas of my ans, plus many other things. I am not a psych case, and all he wants is to help me. He said I was a wonderful compliant patient and a breath of fresh air to his office. I just burst into tears. He said, don't go getting all double x on me...He's so funny.

Anyway, I feel like this huge weight has been lifted. And I just wanted to share. There are really wonderful docs out there among the rotten apples. I've got a gem......morgan p.s. I sent him the article on NASA and he said he was thinking about sending me into space to see if it helped. But till then, a new med, so keep the fingers crossed for me. You are all great, thanks for listening...can'tshutupmorgan

OH MORGAN!! that is fabulous that you doc is awesome!! I'm happy that you have this doctor on your side!!!! :)

BIG Bear HUGS to ya ! :huh:

LInda

Glad to hear your PCP is a winner, Morgan. I remember the whole neuro psych diagnosis thing and knew that from the sounds of it, that you have something much more complicated going on. Of course we all are affected in our minds -- the mind is part of the body!!! For some reason, some docs forget that. But one doesn't always cause the other. For instance, many heart attack victims become depressed after having a heart attack. Does that mean their depression caused the heart attack? Absolutely not. And physical things cause some degree of mental distress in practically everyone.

My point is ... I can't shut up either! But I think you are right in not forcing yourself to accept a diagnosis that you know in your heart is not correct. Keep fighting to find the truth. In the meantime, I will be pulling for you.

Amy

Arrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh, it happened again!!!!! I had written a long story about how glad I am for you Morgan and that I can understand that it makes such a difference for you to hear a doctor tell you that it's not in your mind. And when I wanted to make a word dark, using the B-key, everything was gone again.

Well, I won't start all over, just wanted you to know that I'm so very glad (won't use the B-key again to let you know HOW glad I am :) ). I hope this doctor will live FOREVER!!!!

Corina

Morgan,

I'm glad you have a good doc. He is a gem, good luck for him to find something to help with.

Oh Morgan!

I am so glad! I too once got the conversion disorder and I was not having the seizures you were. Some docotors don't want to investigate so they give up and label before they try. I am soooooooo glad your doctor is so supportive! Bless him and you keep fighting and you keep your sprirt and know you are sick and you are not alone!

I applaud your doctor and give a big cheer for you!

I would really do it but I might fall! heehee :)

Stacey :-)

Yay Morgan, At least I know there are still some good docs around, my PCP is great also, she does not give up either. Her husband is great also. They both take time with their patients. Depression is part of being sick and not knowing what is wrong with you. If a person is not depressed then there is something wrong with them or they have nerves of superman, My old PCP told me nothing was wrong with me while I was in the hospital, and my b/p was plumeting to a dangerous low, but I won that battle He is moving his practice,and he can never treat anyone else here like a pile of dirt anymore. Glad your Doc is good, it helps to be reasurred that you are not crazy from the docs, even if they cant find out whats wrong. I wish you luck on finding an answer. Wish me luck also for I go to see the neuro for my second visit on the 30th.

Hope you have a symptom free day! ;)

Vanessa

As some of you know, I was in the hospital to check for seizures and this neuro guy just blew my world apart. EVERYTHING that's ever been wrong with me is in my head. If I wasn't depressed before meeting him, I sure was after!!!! :wub:

Well, my pcp has a great deal of respect for him and I haven't seen him since the diagnoses of conversion disorder of everything was given. This man has been my doctor for 22 years. We are the same age. Well, he's two years older. He has heard it all with me. He is so frustrated, trying to help me, and I am so tired of hearing I'm crazy, I just tried to believe it this time. I couldn't, but I tried. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was terrified to see him, because I wondered if he was so frustrated he would believe him???? I wouldn't blame him, but he is the only doctor that's stuck by me. This guy is so smart and dedicated. He is an internist and intensivist. He recieved the AMA doctor of the year last year. He told me He would always remember me as his biggest failure, and he takes care of 95% of the sickest people in the pacific northwest. He reads everything I bring him, has done every test available here and tried relentlessly to get me into Vandy, NIH, Cleaveland, you name it. But after so long, it would be so easy to say, okay. she's a nutball after all and just give up on me.

So, they call today and have a cancellation, can I come in? Oh my dear, here it is. :angry:

He was incredible. I told him I wasn't crazy, I was sick. And bless his heart, he totally agreed!!! He stopped listening after the neuro said no seizures. That's all he needed to hear. He said my body was so messed up, he didn't think we would ever know for sure what the "official" diagnoses is, but it's not good. He doesn't care what the heck anyone feels about my emotional state, he knows I'm depressed, who wouldn't be. All he wants is to make me feel better physically. He said, his biggest fear is that he's missing some little thing that could make all the difference with me. He actually has nightmares about it!

The entire visit could not have been more positive! He completely acknoweledges something wrong in several areas of my ans, plus many other things. I am not a psych case, and all he wants is to help me. He said I was a wonderful compliant patient and a breath of fresh air to his office. I just burst into tears. He said, don't go getting all double x on me...He's so funny.

Anyway, I feel like this huge weight has been lifted. And I just wanted to share. There are really wonderful docs out there among the rotten apples. I've got a gem......morgan p.s. I sent him the article on NASA and he said he was thinking about sending me into space to see if it helped. But till then, a new med, so keep the fingers crossed for me. You are all great, thanks for listening...can'tshutupmorgan