Prayers this morning please for my husband

My husband was diagnosed yesterday with cancer of the esophogus. We are going this morning for a CAT scan to see if the cancer has spread. It if has spread he will see an oncologist for radioation and chemo. If it has not spread he should see a surgeon to have it removed. Please pray that it has not spread! Please be with me in spirit today as I go with him for his test.

Yesterday was just awful. The gastro who did the scope told us that he has the cancer and even though he did the biopsy, he already knows what it is. The question is where else it might be.

Please Start praying now and keep it up through 11 am Eastern time this morning. I will post later on the findings. If I know someone else is doing this, I will not feel so alone.

Michigan Jan

Jan, I will think my best thoughts for you husband today.

I have to tell you that my friend's father had the same thing. He had his entire esophagus removed--they then fashioned a new one out of...I think intestine?...any way, that was well over a year ago, and he's doing great now. He's almost back up to his normal wieght, he's able to eat fairly normally as long as he has small meals throughout the day, and best yet, he's cancer free. I write this to you to say that there can be hope--not to scare you.

I will hope for the best today. Big hugs, deep breath. Let us know when you find out what's going on, when you can.

Nina

Guest tearose

Dear Jan, I am so crushed! I have no words...

I am praying and will keep on praying...

When you can, tell us how you are both doing.

In prayer, friendship and support, tearose

Jan,

My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

Stacey :-)

Guest Julia59

Jan,

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers that everything will come out A-OK. Try to take care of yourself and hang in there. I know this is hard------------hold on, we'll be thinking of you, we can help you through this. Blessings to you both.

Julie :0)

Just got home from a long day. The cancer had spread. It is in 2 places in his liver as well as the esophogus and he has swollen lymph glands around the aorta. so no surgery to remove the tumor.

going to the oncologist on Monday, will start treatment soon.

some time soon i am going to ask for a prayer vigil for a certain time and plan it out maybe for one of his treatment times and I want everyone to pray at the same time, whenever it is set for.

For those who posted and said you don't pray, I don't care if it is a prayer to God, just some kind of a prayer. I think that kind works, too. Please take the time to do it. I need it now. His name is Jeff and he is absolutely devestated right now that his cancer has spread.

Michigan Jan

who is also devastated

Hi Jan, I do pray and I pray to God!!! And my husband and I will be lifting you and Jeff up in prayer now and daily. I am a 10 year cancer survivor and was not supposed to survive. Keep your faith and hope no matter what. My motto was "Whatever It Takes!"

Sending warm thoughts your way!!! tammy

Jan,

I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. I will let my husband know of your husband so that he, too, can remember him, and you, in his prayers.

Please keep us posted. Remember--the Lord gives us nothing greater than what we can handle. When we get to the end of our strength, we become even stronger because that's when we start to use the Lord's strength.

Blessings to you both,

LindaJoy

Dearest Jan,

Please know that I too will keep you and your husband in my prayers as well as forward on to others your request for prayer. We will ask for His mercy and healing, hope and peace. I would be reacting just as you are right now: my first thought would be to shout to all who heard me "please PRAY!" God keep you close.

Karen