Prayers this morning please for my husband

Jan

So sorry to hear of this devastating news!

My late father had this many years ago before the advances of surgical options were available.

I even heard a story of a baby being BORN without one and after a year or so, the doctors "constructed one" for this kid and now he is a teenager! I was happy to hear the option Nina posted about.

I will certainly sent positive thoughts and generic prayers to you and your husband and loved one at this MOST difficult time.

Guest tearose

Oh Jan, I am so sorry for this news. You must be in shock. Jeff and you will continue to be in my daily meditations/prayers for healing and peace. Please take care of yourself as you are also there for Jeff. You can not be strong for him if you let yourself get run down now! Please be careful!

sicerely, tearose

Oh Jan,

I have chills reading your post...I have checked in today just to see if you updated us on the news.

I am in shock with you and Jeff, and my heart is aching for you both.

Just recently I was reading your post about really finding your passion with your puzzles and it seemed things were on a good track for your family...and now this...it just makes me so sad.

I, like Nina, wish I could be giving you a real hug...or at least saying this in form other than typing...

Please know that you and your husband are in my heart and thoughts...and from all of the posts here...you have many, many people thinking of you both and 'holding you up' during this.

I am grateful that you posted here and reached out to us and let us know what is going on so that we can be here for you...you have been there for many of us, now it is our turn for you.

Please continue to check in with us so that we can offer you and Jeff our support...

I am very, very sorry for this news and for you and Jeff...

Emily

Guest Julia59

Jan, I am so very sorry to hear the cancer has spread.

You and Jeff will continue to be in my prayers. I wish there was something I could do to make this go away.

I can tell you that my husbands brother survived non-hodgkins lymphoma---it was in stage 4----and spread all over his body. Now he is back visiting Alaska once again----12 years later. He runs up to 12 miles at a time now.

As you can see---there is hope, and prayer----and it works. He had a good team of doctors at the Cleveland Clinic.

Again----you both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie :0)

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you and keep you. Try to get some rest and know that there are a lot of people lifting you up in prayer tonight and in the coming days.

Love,

Carmen

Dear Jan and Jeff, I am sorry to hear the news that the cancer has spread - I volunteer on an oncology floor at a local hospital and have seen some people who I thought were not going to make it, walk out of the hospital and go on with their lives - There is going to be a tough road ahead, and some days when Jeff feels weak from the treatments, you will need to be the strong one there to lift him up - I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers - Take care of each other and live each day to the fullest, God only puts on our plate as much as we can handle and no more. Peace to you both. Love, Beth

Jan,

I am very sorry to hear this news. I will most certainly keep Jeff, and you, as well, in my thoughts. This battle is far from over! People have overcome so many horrible afflictions, and he can do this. A positive outlook often has been found in research to extend life and to overcome disease.

Amy

Okay,

I am not doing real well now. It is a good feeling to read all the posts that you are all sending good wishes our way. If anyone would like to do a job for me that I don't feel like doing right now, I would like to have as many people as possible praying for both of us at the same time. Like a vigil for a specified length of time on a sepcified date at say, Eastern Time. Perhaps in the evening and perhaps this coming week. Would any one take this on and organize it? I did this a few years ago for Jonathan and He later reported that it meant a lot and that he felt the support during the time we al prayed. I think I did it on a Sunday night for 2 hours. Ane everyone on the NDRF forum (this is where I set it up) went to all their possible prayer chains and got them all to pray during that specified time and with everyone asking everyone they could, it spread and we ended up with over 200 people praying at the same time and maybe more. It would be pray for Jeff that he gets well and pray for me that I can stay strong.

When my parents both died several years ago I feel apart. I can't do that now, and yet I feel alone an dfrightened and I feel no motivation to eat breakfast now, nor to go out and ride my bike and i have a persistant pain in the middle of my chest and I have the shakes. I also don't know where he should have treatment. St. Joes or U of M. I know a couple of people who say U of M is tops and they credit U of M for saving them from cancer, but St. Joes is familiar and the oncologist at St. Joes certainly knows everything going on at U of M. I just don't want to make the wrong choice.

Thank you Nina an dJulie for the personal message. When I logged on there it was, one yesterday and one todya. did not know such a thing existed on this site.

Michigan Jan, who can feel myself sinking . . .

Jan

I am so sorry to read this news. Of course you are stressed and feel afraid and alone. I hope it can be of comfort to know that we are thinking of you and your husband.

A book I would recommend, if you don't know about it already, is *Spontaneous Healing* by Dr. Andrew Weil. It is filled with stories of people with all kinds of illnesses, many supposedly terminal, who did heal. He offers some advice too that you may find helpful.

Katherine

Dear Jan

I am so sorry to hear about your husband, please wrap yourself in the prayers you are receiving and be strong for both yourself and your husband. We have had alot of cancer survivors in my family, both young and old so please keep a positive outlook!!! I will keep you in my prayers and will add your husband to my personal email prayer chain.

Hugs

Sue

Jan -

You and Jeff are both in my prayers & will continue to be. I actually was just reading a book entitled The Anatomy of Hope: Hope in the Face of Illness and one of the illustrations was of a gentleman - a doctor himself - with endstage stomach cancer who fully recovered against anyone's expectations...so anything is possible! He too had some of his intestine reconstructed into a new "esophagus".

In terms of the choice of hospitals, I would do what you feel most comfortable with in your heart. The "biggest & best" are not going to always be such, especially if you feel great about the doc you do have & know that he/she is just as up-to-speed in terms of treatment advances and the like. There are pros and cons to the big and the small, ya know? Think and pray over it & perhaps even talk it over with your current doc? Maybe even ask if he/she will tell you if things are at a point where he/she isn't comfortable handling them?

Hang in there and keep us updated. In terms of trying to organize a specific time to pray, I'd be happy to organize it if you don't mind it being someone who you don't really know. I'll send you a message...

:-)melissa

MichiganJan, My heart goes out to you and Jeff. Please know that I'll keep you in my thoughts and that I'm sending out good wishes for healing and strength for you both. Hang in there, Jan. There's no question you two are in for some difficult days during treatment, but people's stories of repair and renewal are inspiring; keep the faith...it will happen for you too! Please keep us posted on everything--and lean on us, OK?

Best wishes,

merrill

Guest tearose

Jan, you must force yourself to take care of yourself. I know it is hard. But you must! You cannot deal with this trauma plus you own dysautonomia without heading for a crash...unless you are careful.

I hope you have friends and family to call upon to help be by your side too! You do have us too.

Of course my thoughts and meditations will continue.

sincerely, tearose

Jan,

I don't have words to express how I feel for you and Jeff. I can only imagine what you both must be going through. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you both and your whole family. Please try and take care of yourself as well. It won't do Jeff any good if your health declines as well. Please keep in touch with us often so we know how you both are.

With much love,

Danelle

Jan and Jeff,

I can't begin to imagine the fear both of ya are going thru. You both are in my thougths and prayers. I also have family members that have survived cancer that no one thought they would and are still doing great. Miracles happen everyday. Take care of yourself Jan.

Purplefocus

Dear Jan, I will pray for both you and Jeff everyday and whenever you need help, please feel free to email me and I will give you my phone number. I would be willing to be there for you to talk to 24/7. There are so many new chemotherapy drugs available and ones that have been most successful. I can only imagine what you are going through and know how hard it is to be strong when someone you love so much is so sick. I have been there and only wished it could have been me instead of my husband. I, too was so scared and felt so alone. All turned out well, but the time it was going on was the longest in my life. I, too, am a cancer survivor. You both are in my prayers and I will ask my friends and family to pray also. Love to both of you, Linda