STEPH'S SURGERY SEND-OFF

Steph,

I've been thinking about you and your approaching surgery...I had to muster enough energy to wish you the best for this next surgery. Tomorrow it is right???? I do hope you see this before you head to the l'hopital...

I was glad to see a couple of weeks ago that you were out of the hole a bit and could enjoy a little light before this next surgery. Those moments of feeling like a 'human being' are what keep me going on the crummy days (most days!)...

Hopefully, this time around you are armed with a few more 'tricks' like your Zofran! Love that stuff too!

Hopefully too, this will be the last of surgery for a while! Three is enough! Third time's a charm right?

Anyway, we'll miss you while you're away...if you have someone who can post for you, like Tammy, or someone...please have them let us know how you are doing, so we won't be worrying too much! Otherwise, rest, rest, rest, and take care of yourself.

We'll send lots of healing thoughts your way...and look forward to hearing you smart, funny, supportive and compassionate words when you are up to posting again.

Okay, back to the proverbial hole for me...

Lots of hugs your way...

Emily

Steph,

Good luck with your surgery. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you'll have a better recovery than last time. At least you're a pro at this by now, right? Well, take good care of yourself and we'll be waiting to hear from you again...soon I hope! :wacko:

Gena

Steph - I will be sending you lots of good vibes tomorrow...!! I hope all goes well and that this will be your last surgery. I also hope that you make a quick recovery..... Take good care of yourself and rest up over the weekend :wacko:

Hi Steph,

Wish you luck too! Sounds like from the other posts your in great shape ; Mind if I ask what happen to your ankle ? Is it a running injury. May have have some Obvious rehab advise that you probably know. Anyway good luck !!

Slainte'(good health) kite 7

Hey Steph,

I'm so very sorry to hear your story. It's unbelievable the way patients are treated. I hope you feel some better now. At least you have time to write the hospital a letter!!! Hope this was your last surgery!!!

Best wishes,

Corina

Hi Steph,

I am t so sorry about the way you were treated a the hospital. The worst part is that you already had two surgeries there and it is also where Dr Grubb works.

They should have a taste of their own medicine!

Ernie

HI Steph ,

Sorry to hear that your recovery begins with such regretable treatment, but at least your at HOME. I always liked to get home ASAP after surgery. Just feel better !! My own stuff able to exhale -- usually in great pain. I came home the next day after both my neck surgeries ; quite against Doc orders but worked out for me. In fact the first one , the day after I arrived home my dear Wife went in to the hospital for emergency surgery. Her appendix had burst. We really looked liked something going into the hospital. I had an 8 inch stiched gash across my throat and she was doubled over moaning in obvious trauma --- Certain Domestic-So there I was , rather then in a hospital bed quietly convalescing , I was caring for (then) 3 kids under age 4. Unable to turn, lift , or bend my neck/head. My Wife in the Hospital for 5days. Needless to say recovery was quick.

As the kids and me would trundle down the corridor of the hospital ward each day, rubber boots slurrping along the floor, the Nurses would greet Us with wide eyed amazement and tell me that my Dear Wife was enjoying her "little" holiday.

Needless to say , as the next surgery roled around I was a tad reticent to come home early--still did. I do still feel strongly that you heel better if you can truly convalesce in familiar and comfortable surroundings and sounds like your all set up.

So Good Luck & Slainte' Kite 7