STEPH'S SURGERY SEND-OFF

Steph,

What an awful experience. Pain is so subjective. How could they know that your pain was "under control" without YOU telling THEM? I hope you can write a constructive letter so that this will not happen to someone else. I hope you don't relive this experience in your mind too many times because it will just mess up your POTS. I speak from personal experience. When I am upset with someone, my POTS goes into the hole. I hate to say this, but what goes around comes around. Someday one of those nurses may be in a needy position and may realize what jerks they were in retrospect.

I hope you will have a calm, peaceful, speedy recovery. My prayers are with you.

Karyn

Guest Mary from OH

Steph-

So sorry to hear about your lack of proper pain control after surgery experience!! I can totally relate!! What is it about OP surgeries??!! It's like they expect you to wake up from the anesthesia, pee and leave!! It's like you're taking up space or something!!

When I had my exploratory laparoscopy and appendectomy, they did the SAME thing to me!! When I got down to my car and was unable to get in, the RN tried to pull a fast one and said, "well, we said you could stay longer....". We all just looked at her and said, "WHAT?!" I got home and my pain was SO bad, I couldn't stand, sit or lie down. I thought (at the time) I would die from the pain. Turns out from the exploratory, they fill your belly with CO2 and it hurts like ^&%^& until your body absorbs it. I held myself up with my chest of drawers for the next 10 hrs. I was exhausted!! I just cried and cried!!!

I pray that your recovery goes much more smoothly. I'm sure you have LOTS of rehab in your near future!! I tore my ACL (and all the other ligaments and cartiledge) in my R knee. I have 2 screws and 2 pins. So, I can relate. Maybe we're twins, seperated at birth!! LOL!!! :D:huh:

Wishing and praying for a speedy and painless recovery and NO more surgeries!!!