Ugh... Joining The Not-so-happy-holidays Group

MightyMouse

I felt this coming last week on my birthday--I over did it with the emotional excitement (even though it was all HAPPINESS!), and before that, scooting up to CT for Thanksgiving in the am and coming home the same day. Two weeks of go-go-go, and now my body has clearly said:

YOU WILL STOP NOW. :P:( I mean it!!!

For two weeks, I've been up and down with my body temp, my head and ears aching, and my guts have been less predictable than my usual--I had to leave work early one day last week and take half a sick day. I know that doesn't sound so bad, but I try to not use up sick time b/c I've had my share of longer illnesses and I don't want to end up taking time w/o pay and the holidays have historically been my pneumonia period, usually just after the new year.

So, here I sit with my annual holiday sinus and chest infection; need to call my new gp for an appointment tomorrow--but can't go to see her until at least Tuesday b/c I MUST be at an all day conference tomorrow. I'm trying to fight this today by resting on the couch, drinking lots of fluids, taking a bunch of vitamin supplements, mucinex, tylenol... and sleeping some extra too. The coughing and wheezing started in the wee hours of the morning... like I said UGH.

As I used to joke with my friend Lloyd, "It's Christmas in my nose"--red and green! Yuck. :o I'm sick right before our during my final exams... again. So much for the tubes in my ears fixing the problem.

Nina

Nina,

Sorry you are feeling so crappy...Does the mucinex help at all??? I've wondered whether or not that does actually help out..Hopefully this will pass soon for you!

Jacquie

I hear ya nina im right there with you in the not so happy holiday bunch!

I hope that you feel better soon.. and will you get a fair amount of time off for the holidays? I know thats still a few weeks away.. but my thought being you could seriously hibernate...

I hope that you feel better soon dear....

O and Mucinex.... I ve found that that stuff works decent enough in combo with other anitbiotics and stuffs...I took it when i had pneumonia.. and when i get bad bronchitus and stuff...

take care

Nina,

My psychologist keeps telling me to listen to my body------(the subtle signs)---before they turn into the (i'm crashing signs). shocked3.gif It's especially hard to do when your doing something you enjoy, as it's hard enough to get enjoyment as it is, so when the chance comes we take it.

I think your doing all the right things now----I wish you didn't have the all day conference tomorrow, but maybe you'll get the edge off this before the conference, and when you get home, back to resting and healing.

I hope the tubes make some kind of difference---maybe this won't last as long as it did before.

Time to slow down.--------------- :)

Woodstock--Snoopy3.jpg

I hope you feel better soon....

Maxine :0)

Guest tearose

Hello Nina, happy belated birthday and all those other joyful things you celebrated! I haven't been around much lately.

I am thinking of joining the too tired to do the next set of happy holidays group.

I think you are worn down and should dive into bed and take a day to sleep and eat soup and drink tea! Try to do that mucinex and whatever else keeps that sinus stuff from getting any worse.

Maybe you can turn this around in a few more days. Keep fighting it mighty!

You have to be strong enough to eat latkes soon!

best regards, tearose

blech. I feel yucky...I have to miss class tonight and my final is next week :) I did get a doctor's appt for 9:30 tomorrow with my new gp's COVERING doc...this ought to be interesting. :) We'll see.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Nina

Wish me luck, I'm leaving in a few minutes... was coughing and had night sweats last night. Called out for the whole day today to try to kick this in the behind and get better.

Nina

I'm back home now--the covering doc gave me some antibiotics, wants me to continue mucinex and saline rinsing; so went to pharmacy and now that I'm home I'm WHOOPED. I need to go back to sleep, but just wanted to check in and say hi and thanks.

:) Nina

folks, I'm running on fumes... my posts are shorter & less frequent than my usually talkative self, so please understand that I'm reading, but not posting much...

I'm so tired, and I lost my voice today to add to the "fun" :D okay not fun. I'm going through lots of stress at work too and I can't afford to call out any more before the holidays. Were I at some other kind of job, I'd have just stayed out the past few days--but if I call out, it makes exponentially more work for me when I come back.

I think that I lost my voice b/c my sinuses FINALLY started draining last night, and now my throat is irritated, but I'm trying to look at it as a good sign that my sinuses are clearing out the goo.

Nina