Mornings

Mornings are worse for me as well, not that any part of the day is good. It takes much longer to get going this past year and very very stiff in the morning. When I was able to work,I was up at 6am no problem and couldn't imagine that now. I am not sure if my muscle stiffness,pain and fatigue is the POTS of FM/CFIDS. Still trying to sort it all out.

I have a "window of opportunity from about 11:00 AM -2:00 PM. Before that, I'm wiped out, and after that (especially after my dinner) I'm even more weakened.

To use my "window of opportunity", I have to push myself to get going, or I'd sit around all day.

I do not make any plans to go out in the morning or evening if I can help it.

YUP. My neurologist said it takes awhile for our bodies to adjust to being up (gravity). When they ask if I have any

allergies I always say "gravity."

He recommends sleeping with your bed on an incline, 6" blocks under the head of the bed. I have tried, but end up waking up curled up at the foot of the bed.

I have accepted that in the morning I do nothing but walk around a little. Drink a cup or 2 of coffee. Lay on the floor with my feet up on the couch. I make all my appointments for afternoon

I start to feel good about 10:00 PM when it's time for bed.

Dawn

Yes, mornings are the worse for me. If I get up before 9am, I feel sick and very weak. It doesn't matter when I go to bed, it's the same. I tend to be a night owl though, because that's when I feel the best. My family suffers for it in a way, but I hate to waste those good moments.

Amber

Thanks for posting this question, as it's nice to see that I'm not the only one who struggles in the morning. I'ts been quite a challenge lately, as I've started to grow accustomed to staying up later (as I feel the best late evenings) and end up waking up at the crack of noon! Despite what time I wake up, I'm always so stiff, in great deal of pain and feel lathargic.

I find that not pushing myself to get going really helps, and try not to schedule appointments any earlier than 1:00pm, if possible.

I miss the good old days of being able to wake up when the alarm rings at 5:30, hit the shower and get myself off to work. Seems as though those days are long gone. :lol:

I pray that I might have a decent night sleep, and be able to wake up early enough to have a cup of coffee in the mornings with my husband and listen to the birds chirp away........ Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for that prayer to be answered. In due time I suppose.

Babs

Mornings are not easy for people with dysautonomia. I think part of it is related to dehydration we experience by not taking in fluids overnight. When i have some salty broth or snacks in the late evening, my mornings are a little easier to handle than if I had gone to bed on an empty stomach.

Also, I know that my pulse is always high when i wake up because my beta blocker has long worn off. It takes a while for my food and meds to kick in once I'm awake. I too feel my best around 10pm-12am. It's so frustrating to feel well right when it's time to turn out the lights!

Mornings are the worst, I can barely stand up for about 2 hours. My eyesight is blurred and it's just not good for me. I tend to be my best past 10pm, thus I don't go to bed until 3am.

Jacquie

I want to echo the dehydration response. I now have a port-a-cath in which I take a liter of fluid overnight. It makes a huge difference in my mornings as does my pacemaker which helps with the bradycardia I experiene at night. The fluids also help raise my blood pressure. So, for me there are three significant reasons for bad mornings: low blood pressure, bradycardia, and dehydration. But it is amazing the difference the fluids at night and pacemaker have made in my mornings. So, it is understandable why we have such a hard time at that time of day.

Carmen

Yep, mornings are bad for me to.

I know its because laying down at night causes my heart to slow down rather ( cough, cough to 38-40 beats a minute ) so when I try to get up ......................mmmmmm well , lets just say not nice :(

I dont get up until 9-9.30 am after I've taken all my meds and had coffee ( nectar of the gods ! :P )

I then wander around upstairs for about an hour to get my stupid body working correctly, attempting the stairs before my joints are moving freely leads to me kissing the carpet again......... :angry:

I'm stiff and in rather a lot of pain in the mornings , this then wears of at about 11 am .

But by 1-30 to 2 pm I'm tired out again .

Willows. :wub:

I'm bad in the mornings and at night. In the morning, my heart races with every little move I make and I have to take my Midodrine and stay in bed for about an hour until it takes effect, before I can get up. At night I have surges and every little noise makes my body feel like it's being electrically shocked, however, my tachycardia isn't sooo bad at night (not like it is in the mornings).

I do best from about 11:00am-6:00pm.

Hello,

Morning are very hard for me. It tends to take me an hour or two just to get up and start my day. I a, able to go about 3-4 hours then I am down again where I need to take a nap, and rest some more, then I get up again for a while.

Amy

Hi everyone,

My mornings are awful too, the beta blocker early a.m. has bought down the heart rate but I have really awful shakes for awhile. I can't stand it anymore. I even have tried doubling my xanax doesn't seem to matter. I have to lie down ,turn on the radio to make myself get going, then it gets better. If I don't lie down the shakes last for hours. Then I sit up in bed and try to make calls or lists, or balance my check book. My blood pressure and pulse were tending to jump up in the morning, then drop. So now I take Midodrine after I get up and feel better. Why am I shaking like crazy? Oh and if I am not on an antibiotic (Biaxin) for chronic sinus infections I shake all day and feel weak and my legs feel like rubber. Thinking about the lyme thread. Have had western blot and been to an infectious disease doc for a million tests, all negative. Maybe I need Klonopin.

Other than hydration issues, blood levels of the chemicals which raise bp are usually at their lowest point of the day. People with ANS problems usually feel terrible in the am.

Nina

Guest Julia59

Mornings are not as bad for me in the sense that I'm not as jittery----for me the tremors, jittery feelings are the worst symptom. My BP is very low in the AM---and my fatigue is so bad that I'm ready to go back to bed after taking a bath/shower----which ever I can handle best.

It seems for me, as the day goes on my symptoms get worse----especially if I have to go out. I'm no longer able to walk very far without feeling near syncope on most occasions. And if I stand for more then a few minutes, I'll feel the ground moving---and it feels like it's pulling me down-------sort of like a gravity issue---I can't handle gravity. So any physical activity---no matter how little-------The gravity of just being up, weather sitting or standing is rough. By evening I usually feel like a train wreck if I have go out for any period of time. Sometimes just a twenty minute drive across town has me wasted. so I would say the evenings are worse for me.

Julie :0)

Mornings are bad for me also. As soon as I open my eyes my heartrate jumps up. I try to down some water or propel before I get up and make a go of things. Showers are horrible, my rate jumps in there no matter what time of day. The shakes and jitters are always there in the a.m. and resting heartrate is usually in the 80's or 90's of forget about getting up and moving.

I usually do my best in the late afternoon and early evening.

:)