Hope is here- I feel wonderful!

taylortotmom

Hi, everyone. I would like to let you all know that my pacemaker has made a dramatic improvement in my life. I got it three weeks ago. The first two weeks were HARD. But, gradually I have felt better and better. For those of you who do not know my history let me explain briefly. Since March, I have been taking two liters of fluid (iv via port-a-cath) in order to have a couple hours here and there of functional living. I had NO iv fluids Sat. or Sun. That is 48 hours without them AND I did not sleep well last night. Okay no fluids and no sleep. BUT, I still woke up feeling good this morning. Isn't that amazing?

I am taking fluids right now as a profolactic because I have somewhere I want to go tonight. BUT, the really amazing thing is how much better my mornings are now!!! I still have many of my former sxs but I don't wake up feeling like I've been hit by a truck. I am so excited, guys.

I want you all to know that even if I continue to get better and better I am going to make a conscious effort to never forget how hard these last five years have been. I feel like I have been given a second chance. i promise you all that if I get the opportunity I will make sure the world knows what you (we) go through on a daily basis. If I am given the chance, I will be our voice to anyone willing to listen.

Guys, I'm telling you- hang in there. There was a two year period when I could not walk without looking drunk, and I have felt on the verge of death for a long time. I really, truly think I have been given a second chance. So... know, that although I may feel well (I am so hopeful right now!) I do understand how horrible things can be because I have been there. But, please take this hope from me. I think I went about as low as you can go and now I have hope- which I have not had before, to be honest. So, you all keep pressing until the treatment you need. This pacemaker should have been put in two years ago.

Good luck to you all!

Carmen

CONGRATS, I am glad you are feeling better!! I hope you continue to go in the right direction. :D

Guest Belinda

Carmen, I am so happy for you..glad the pacer is working and the fluids are doing you good!

May you have many nights of restful sleep!

P.S. Thank you for thinking of me recently with my ordeal,I am doing much better!

Great News! I hope you continue to improve.

I have a pacemaker and it does help a lot. It totally stopped my syncopal episodes for nearly five years but then I started passing out due to bp drops. I of course still have major problems with tachycardia that unfortunately pacemaker won't control.

I'm so excited for you though and I do hope your progress continues in the positive direction!!!!

Carmen,

You can't ask for better news. Good for you! Hope you continue to improve with each day. And thanks for thinking of those who aren't well -- you are right that we all have to hear stories like yours to keep hope.

Amy

YEAH CARMEN!! girl that is fabulous news!! I am so very happy for you!! that you have found something that helps you!! that is great!! Keep feeling well!!

Guest Julia59

Such great news! I'm glad things are working out better for you-------you deserve this blessing----

Wow---it's nice to see some good news popping up now and then---there is hope, I know there is.

HUGS,

Julie :0)

I am so glad to hear your doing well. Maybe we'll get to meet up for lunch like we talked about one day, now that you are feeling better. Just curious as to who did implanted your pacemaker...was it a Florida doc or did you go out of state?

I'm just so happy that it's working so wonderfully for you.

Gena

hip hip horray! i am SO happy for you carmen. thanks for letting us know your good news...i'll be looking forward to more & more of it...

:o melissa