Brothers surgery tomorrow

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

The Doc said he has colon cancer according to the biopsy----but she said it's not 100% until they see the tumor---and if it spread to lymph nodes or other organs. He has his surgery at 12:30 tomorrow---they will remove 12 inches of his colon.

Could you please send your good thoughts or prayers to Joe and his Wife Debbie and two kids ---Jeremy--15 and Jessica 24............

Julie :0)

Julie sending you and you family lots of prayers and hugs.. I hope that all goes well for you and your family.. BIG HUGS TO you Julie...

hang in there

Linda

Hi Julie, you and your brothers family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and hope for the best.

Guest Julia59

WEll yeasterday was a long day as I had several things going on---today too........

I was there during my brother's surgery with Debbie his Wife, Their two kids Jessica----(adult-24) and Jeremy (15)---her sisters, and my Dad. With her sisters there it's a lively crew, and that helped keep our minds off anything bad. I took brownies---and some cookies Debbie likes. I didn't know if they would feel like eating them ---but I took a chance. They loved them.

Joe's surgery went well. The surgeon felt the cancer was contained to that area---but she did say it was Cancer---99.9% ---she said the biopsy was positive, but she didn't want to say more until after the surgery. She said the whole tumor will be examined, and they will also see how deep into the bowel it was---as they have taken 12 inches of his colon/bowel. The tumor was right at the colon/rectal curve---and thankfully he just missed needing a colostomy bag. The surgeon's name is Dr. Cashen---(spelling?)

She is a very nice Doctor/surgeon------sooooo cool........

Anyway, she explained everything to us after the surgery. She said she examined all the organs---liver, stomach, pancreas---ect. She didn't feel the cancer spread to any of those area's. However, she could not guarantee the lymphnodes. She removed the lymphnodes in the abdomin. She said they felt like no cancer was in them, but she said ----50/50 chance. They will know tomorrow---or Monday if it spread to the lymphnodes. They may do some chemo to prevent the cancer from spreading, or if it's in the lymphnodes----he will have to have chemo for sure----and it probably will be more aggressive.

I called my Dad today to see if Joe was up to visitors---and my Dad said he wasn't in horrible pain, and had a pump to control it, and he said his spirits were pretty good. It will be a long process---about 3-4 days before he can start eating liquids, then soft---then finally solid foods. They have to hear bowel sounds before any food can be introduced.

The pancreatitis save his life. Had he not had the attack---he would have never had the CT scan that saw the thickning in his colon to warrent the colonoscopy. The diagnosis would have been delayed, and it could have spread.

Busy day yesterday so that is why I didn't respond until today. WOW----what a day---couple of days..................................

TIME TO REST>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers---it really helped. I told his family we were all praying for him and it made them happy. Joe's mind was kept off the surgery as Debbie and her sisters were talking and talking, so it kept Joe quite busy while waiting to be wheeled into the operating room-------- LOL. :P

I will keep you posted on his what they find out Saturday or Monday about the lymphnodes.

Julie :0)

wow Julie! what day you had! I am sorry that it is indeed cancer.. but glad that it was contained. and will continue to pray that it did not spread to the lymphnodes... I know everybody had to love your brownies!!! YUmmY!

just hang in there Julie. and get some rest.. take it easy!

Hugs to you!

Linda

Hi Julie, I'm sorry that it was cancer that the docs found, but I'm glad that they got it all...hopefully! Sounds like you could use a nice lonng good nights sleep. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts. Take care.

Guest Mary from OH

Julie-

I'm grateful that you're brother's cancer was found, diagnosed and able to be treated due to his pancreatitis. I am terrified myself. I am having bleeding myself and they are trying to determine the cause. The dr suspects a tumor and possibly cancer, but at least now they are looking. God always has a plan. Give your brother a hug for me and let him know that we're all praying for him for a quick recovery and NO metastatis!! You are all in our prayers.

:)