Morgan & Jake

dawn

I spoke with Morgan. She said she is just "fried." She is too tired to post so asked me to pass on that next week will be difficult, Jake will have biopsies, an MRI and probably a PET scan. She will post again when she knows more. It's going to be a stressful weekend for her so keep her in your prayers. Wish we could do more.

Dawn

This is one of those times where you wish so much that there is something you can say or do to make a situation better, but can't, other than lending support and offering prayers. I have had Morgan and Jake in my thoughts all day and will continue to do so.

Guest tearose

Morgan, you and Jake are in my thoughts and prayers.

We are all going to be thinking of you and we understand that you are fried!

Please take care. Put your head down on the chair next to you even in the waiting rooms and try to catch a few winks when you can.

tearose

Guest Julia59

Morgan, please know that you and Jake are in my prayers.

It is perfectly understandable that you feel very overwhelmed---I know I would too. Just do the best you can to take care of yourself and Jake during this difficult period.

I only wish I could make things better for you both. Wishing you blessings.

Julie :0)

Guest Mary from OH

Morgan,

Believe it or not, it MAY not be cancer!!! Don't jump to any conclusions yet! My friends's daughter who just had a transplant had similar symptoms, etc. and was diagnosed and is being treated for a similar thing. IT IS NOT CANCER. But, it is challenging to diagnose and treat. She has had many diagnoses.

My prayers are with you. I would suggest to work with a mulitmodal team of drs. (unless the biopsies etc. are clear cut).

Please remember to take care of yourself too. You will BOTH get through this alright, I promise!! Take one step at a time.

LOTS OF HUGS AND PRAYERS!!!!!!

Oh Morgan my heart goes out to you,

I am saying prayers for you and your son; and praying you find strength and courage and effective treatments. Just remember, no matter what, we are here for you.

Love and Hugs,

Gena

Hi all, got a call from rheumy tonight. Jake is to have his mri asap tomorrow and she called the orthepedist I wanted him to see and he has a walk in after his mri. It's to be read immediately and then we take the films and results straight to him. She also ordered a lot of labs and those are also all stat. So we should know a lot more by the end of monday. The big thing is the biopsy and I assume he's going to get that in the next couple of days. I called his pcp today and got the doctor on call who REFUSED to give him 2 ativan just to get him through today and tonight. I am so PI**ed! I told him if he had children, I hoped their doctors were more compassionate than he was! :) Then I hung up on him. I also put a curse on him that he never has a restful on call day again. Thanks for all your messages of support. I will keep you informed. morgan P.S. the rheumy did call in something for him so he can sleep.

Jake is okay! :) His bone scan showed malignancy, but his MRI was benign. The doctor told us all 4 doctors were convinced from the bone scan, it was cancer, but the mri shows no invasive tendencies and no destruction like you would see in cancer. He said everyone was shocked, including the radiologist reading the mri after seeing the bone scan. NO more bone scans for my little one. He needs a repeat mri in 3 months, just to be sure, but we are so relieved. Thank you all so much for your support through this really awful time! morgan

Oh, Morgan, praise God! :) I've been reading the threads of what you and Jake have been going through. What a lot you have been made to suffer. I'm so glad you had good news!!!!!!! Please know you've been in my prayers every day, and will continue to be for a good check up in three months.

Blessings to both you and your little trooper!!

LindaJoy