Wine Anyone?

Wine: Exercise in a bottle

Apparently wine delays some of the losses from space-flight and sedentary lifestyles. In theory, it would help to make the transition from sedentary to active easier.

....However, I have NEVER been able to drink wine, it gives me nasty migraines, even a sip. Does it do this to all of you too?

Plus, it doesn't go too well with Klonopin :P

I also get headaches from local wines, but when I was in Italy I could drink wine and didn't get any headaches. So my headaches must be due to the preservatives or something that we add to wines here in the US...? However, now I can't tolerate alcohol of any type. If we're somewhere and I really want a taste, I just sip enough to wet my tongue and that's it.

Lately and I don't know why every time I drink it seems like I have absolutely no tolerance for it. One bottle of beer or a glass of wine and I am drunk, and on top of that it last for hours like its not metabolizing or something, this is all then followed by a massive hangover. I have no idea what is going on with me.

I'm like the rest of you- can't tolerate alcohol of any kind. A few sips and I feel it. A few years ago I decided to just go for it and see what happens - it felt like my vision was going black, my heart was racing like crazy, peeing non-stop, couldn't think, was so dizzy etc. That was the last time I tried it. During my recent Dr. visit I asked him to think about this symptom because it's so unusual. A million things can cause "dizziness" - but only a few could cause alcohol intolerance. I'm thinking like Yuliya- maybe some weird metabolic problem?

"One another weird thing is that I lose my body balance.. Anybody else with this problem?"

Not only that, but depth perception as well! I have never been much of a drinker; I've rarely ever finished a single drink. I have been more tolerant of certain alcohols (like tequila) but Wine has always triggered the headaches.

Guest tearose

Goodness, this changes depending on what level of Dysautonomia symptoms I am having. In general, I avoid alcohol though because I can get any number of annoying symptoms.

Too tired, too cold or too hot, nausea...it just isn't worth drinking it.

I drink a glass of Red wine a few times a week. It is the Only thing that stops the Tremors/shaking and sometimes in a pinch it will slow my tachycardia. But if I drink it too fast or have more than 1 glass I feel horrible. And only Red Wine seems to work, not any other kind of alcohol. I can't tolerate Vodka, Tequila, Rum etc.

I decided to go for it this weekend since I felt not too bad Saturday night. I had a raspberry martini. After just a few sips I was extraordinarily dizzy, got very sleepy and starting sweating. It was a very strange reaction.

I remember early on in this process my doctor asked if I had any strange reactions to alcohol and I said no because at that time I didn't. I wonder why he was asking. Does anyone have an idea?

Like many of you, I get a migraine very quickly with wine and always have.

I used to be able to handle a margarita two or three times a year, but can't even do that now. Makes me feel AWFUL!

Oh well... alcohol is expensive so think of all the money we're saving- so we can hand it over to the doctors we see! :lol:

Research sulfite sensitivity.

I had never heard of it before but first experienced it with garlic and onions.

Wines are very high in sulfites.

Grapes too have naturally occuring sulfites so I am staying away from those too.

Common reaction to sulfite sensitivity are migraines, tachycardia, allergic response type symptoms.

Interesting if we have all developed a sulfite sensitivity

along with our dysautonomia.

Normal people produce an enzyme to help convert sulfite into sulfate which is harmless in the body.

People with sulfite sensitivity have a problem converting it and it has different negative effects in the body.

http://www.beatcfsandfms.org/html/Sulfides.html

Lately and I don't know why every time I drink it seems like I have absolutely no tolerance for it. One bottle of beer or a glass of wine and I am drunk, and on top of that it last for hours like its not metabolizing or something, this is all then followed by a massive hangover. I have no idea what is going on with me.

I have had a similar experience with alcohol. I was thinking maybe it had something to do with my blood sugar.