Me Too (headed To Hospital Land, That Is)

Sunfish

well, lucky for all of you i don't have the time or the wherewithal at the moment for a long note, so here's the short version:

1-sorry for my being relatively mia the last few days, including following up on some posts that very much demanded & deserved my specific attention (i.e. the work-related post that took a direction i certainly NEVER intended as i NEVER EVER wanted or meant to anything i said to make others feel badly, to keep anyone from posting-most certainly NOT!!!- and/or to come across as bitter?!) but anyway....i'd still like to get back to it in a more thorough manner but have been pretty sick this week & simply not able to be online at all...so for now please accept that no offense was ever in any way meant toward anyone. i was simply trying to use the forum as a safe place to vent in the way so many of us value....

2-ironically i feel "better" at the moment than i have all week & yet despite much resistance am in the end headed to cleveland clinic - where my TPN (IV nutrition/ hydration) is managed - partially by our choice & partially b/c the local docs (the good ones at least) won't touch me. i should be packing now rather than posting but am a bit overwhelmed so suppose i'm doing a bit of procrastinating?! nonetheless i am obviously not NEAR as ill as many have you have "seen" me in the past, but i have been battling a localized infection in the skin over my port site since early last week & then started this week with some sort of systemic bug that had me with nausea/ vomiting virtually non-stop for 36+hrs earlier in the week, low fevers (for me, i.e.101), increased GI pain, etc. so while the systemic crud in some ways seems to be heading in the right direction, the localized infection is looking worse despite the antibiotics so i'm not allowed to re-access my port which means, since i have no ability for any oral intake & am completely dependent on IV hydration/ nutrition, can only last a short while.

3-so.....on doctors' orders (yes, multiple doctors) we're headed to cleveland clinic with an almost definite admission...whether there's someway to clear up the localized infection & have me on other IVs in the interim or whether i'll need a new central line we're not sure but i've been told to come planning on staying. i'm hoping it won't be yet another hospital birthday but on the other hand am continually grateful to have made it this long out of hospital land & even still away from ICUs. there is internet at the clinic so i'll try to stay in touch but depending on how things proceed i may or may not be well enough to log on. if i'm MIA for too long i'll try to have my mom check in with someone who can touch base.

4-as always, prayers, good thoughts, etc are coveted & much appreciated. the DINET gang has always been great at that so don't fail me now!!!

well, not so short after all, eh? i just can't help myself no matter how cruddy i feel & how little time i have, eh? ah well....

love to all from a slightly frustrated yet still thankful fishbowl,

:P melissa

Just a little note to let you know that I will be thinking of you. Praying that this is a quick admission and that they get those little beasties under control quickly!! I will be sending you lots of healing energy!!!

Sheridan

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Melissa. I'm so sorry you have to head to the hospital yet again, especially right before your birthday. :( I hope that the infection can be taken care of relatively quickly.

Your positive attitude, courage, and faith in the midst of such trials are an inspiration to me and many others. You face health challenge to an extent that most of us can only imagine (if we can even do that!). Thank you for all that you selflessly give to DINET.

Take care of yourself now, and I hope you'll be able to come back to your own fishbowl soon.

Hugs,

Rachel

Hey Melissa,

Please add my prayers and good thoughts to the mix. I hate that you are going through this again, but I'm hopeful that you'll quickly recover this time. You'll be in the best hands at Cleveland Clinic for sure.

Please know how much you're loved and valued here. I'm sending big hugs your way.

Julie

So many people in the hospital right now! I hope you're out as quick as possible =) I'm sorry for taking your post the way I did--my wording was off, I definitely wasn't upset--hard to tell from posts sometimes. I just wanted to make sure no one was going to be afraid to post because of possible bitterness, of course I wouldn't be able to tell by one post how you feel, I hope you don't think I was -calling- you bitter =( I just wanted to make sure -if- there was bitterness that there wouldn't be any fear of posting.

I hope you feel better and heal quickly!

Melissa,

I hope you are feeling better SOON!!! I read the update that you had your surgery on the 4th...hope that you are recovering well and feeling as well as you can right now. I just had sinus surgery this past week, but if I am recuperated enough and you are still in Cleveland, I would loooove to visit you. If I'm feeling decent enough to make the trip, I'll call and find out the details of where you are, etc.

Hugs!!!

Chrissy