My Turn To Hit The Pots Hole

MightyMouse

After more than a week of feeling really awful, I got into an emergency appointment with my ep cardiologist today. Symptom-wise, I'm back at where I was pre-diagnosis and pre-medication regimen. I'm having wild swings in HR and BP and I feel so incredibly exhausted, dizzy, nauseous, loss of concentration, floaty headed. I've had to leave work early or call out a few times--which I rarely do. If I hadn't gotten the appointment, I would have just gone to the ER b/c I knew something was really wrong.

at my visit w/ my doc, we did the poorman's TTT...and my bp did what it did WITHOUT any meds--it dropped out and he couldn't pick it up--finally got a 60 manually. So, now it's time for a medication shake up. Nix the Cozaar, get back on Florinef, and possibly midodrine again. I'm glad we have a plan, but a bit anxious about going on florinef again because the last time wasn't good.

So, that's my news from the depths--just got home from the pharmacy and I need to sleep.-Nina

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough go... the thing that is so frustrating about things like POTS is that you never know if you are really fully better. It can come out of the blue and make you miserable at any time.

Hopefully your new meds will help get you back to feeling better very soon. Sending hugs your way in the meantime!

Mary

Morgan, it's the loss of BP--I must have been cycling in and out of low bp for a few months now, and it's just all hit a crescendo this past week of nonstop tachy and exhaustion.

btw, my trip tonight to the pharmacy didn't result in my leaving with florinef in hand...of course no one but me needs to RAISE their blood pressure in this town! They special ordered it and hope to have it for me tomorrow.

Nina

Guest tearose

I am so sorry that you are having this relapse! It sounds like you are really out of balance. I wonder if you were exposed to a virus. When we are doing fine we forget that it only takes one strong stressor/allergy/cold and we can loose all our footing. It is very frustrating to have to reinvent a treatment plan after we seem to be managing. I feel deeply for your current situation. We all understand well that sense of loss of control over our body. You may never know what is was that triggered this but take it from a fellow bottom dweller, we seem to eventually rise up once again.

As an well seasoned /older pots person, I find the relapses are getting longer with more global body issues happening at the same time. Do you find this too Nina? We will have to keep tabs on that as we age.

Grab some comfy stuff to help make your stay in the pots hole more pleasant. I hope you can rest up over the weekend and maybe by next week this time you will have found a way out.

take care,

tearose

I'm sleeping a ton, thanks, though. I've had to come home and sleep instead of lunch...and then sleep when I get home, and sleep through the whole night.

Today has been rough. I left without my support hose on--and came home for lunch to get them b/c I feel like if they're on, I might be able to get through the last half of the workday.

Thanks for all the kind words--it helps me keep pushing on.

Nina

Nina,

Sounds familiar. My doctor finally said "enough."

"You need all the energy that you have to be able to care for yourself."

I hope this is temporary.

I used to go on Florinef but it didn't do much except deplete my urinary sodium.

Take care of yourself, it is really important.

Dawn :)

Guest tearose

Helllllooooo down there Nina! :angry:

Hope you are feeling a tad bit better each day.

Need anything down there?

What are you doing while you are down there? Anything to keep the brain cells moving?

Sending you warm healing thoughts.

best regards,

tearose

Hi Again all,

thanks for checking on me down here; I'm hanging in there, but the marathons of high/low bp and hr have taken their toll on me--I was pretty much completely out of commission yesterday. I slept until about 10 am, then fell asleep again before noon and woke up at 3pm. Slept the whole night again and woke up about 9am--could go to sleep again now (about 11:30), but I'm trying to keep some sort of a schedule so that I can wake for work tomorrow.

I've had 2 doses of florinef so far. I'm a bit bloated and haven't yet checked my bp/hr standing, but will so so today b/c the doctor wants me to email him with my vitals tomorrow.

I could really use a full body massage about now--I forgot how much it makes my muscles sore when my body runs like this. Everything aches. Otherwise, I'm hanging in there as best I can. Wilbur has kept me company and given me a few laughs. He cleaned my head today for about an hour, so I don't think I need a shampoo :angry: I'm purrrrfectly coiffed.

Nina

aw boy that Bit*s!! I hope that you can get something to help you get out of the pots hole miss mouse!...

bright side.. atleast there is lots of love being sent you down there... B)

feel better!

lots of hugs

dizz

I just wish that Wilbur could now take away this headache ... or the 3 lbs of bloat I already have from the florinef. Wrote my cardio the email he requested with my vitals and asked about dropping to half a dose because I feel pretty crummy. Cranky, edgy.

Thanks again for the nice posts... wish I had a nicer update. Maybe tomorrow? :)

Er, well, so much for the positive thinking getting me to a better day....not quite there yet. Didn't get much sleep but needed to work a full, full day today. I really just wanted to hover in my hole for cover but kindergarteners with autism were all bright eyed, bushy tailed and charged more full than the Energizer Bunny this a.m. No rest for the weary. I'm still at work and am trying to rest a little before endeavoring to get in my car and drive.

my bp has been soaring--lying down this am it was 146/108, and standing was 170/108. Ugh. My cardio did email me back though, and we're cutting my florinef dose in half. I skipped it altogether this am. Trying again for a better day tomorrow... here's to wishes coming true!!!!

Nina

Hi Nina,

The new ans doc I saw prescribed clonidine prn for bp spikes-- knowing that I don't need to regularly have my bp lowered. I've been told to take it if my bp goes to 170/90 or higher for more than 5 minutes. I haven't needed it, but thought that was interesting...Don't know if that would be appropriate in your case. Hope you feel better soon.

Michele