Multivitamin That's Easy On The Stomach?

lalalisa

Hello,

I've had to change to a children's multivitamin (Gummy vitamins) because the adult pills made me throw up. I always took them with food but I still couldn't keep them down. Any thoughts on a multivitamin that would be gentle on the stomach?

Thanks for your help!

Lisa

Does the label say YEAST FREE!?

Often the yeast in vitamins can cause nause or cause you to burp them up. I get vitamins with NO colorings or additives. HUGE difference.

Those CENTRUMS and ONE A DAY brands are gross and full of yeast, soy and other things to cause stomach upset. Good luck.

Just CHECK the label. Most advertise YEAST FREE.

Capsules! If you have a GNC near you, they have one that is a once-a-day capsule. You can get it with or without iron, if iron makes your stomach upset. I'd also recommend taking it right before bed. That's what I do to keep from getting the yucky vitamin stomach feeling.

One of my docs told me to take children's vitamins because if my stomach upset. They do have the RDA of most nutrients if you check the label. I no longer have an issue with vitamin induced nausea and gassiness. I take Flintstones Complete.

My OB/GYN told me that taking 2 Flintstones multivitamins is the same as taking a prenatal vitamin, and easier on the stomach. So, I think there's nothing wrong or inferior about the children's vitimins, as long as you take an adult dose. Why take a nasty tasting pill when you can take one that tastes like candy? :) Well...I know a lot of people hate the Flintsones too...but I think they're delicious :)

Have you ever tried a powder or liquid multi-vitamin? You could always start off taking just a little to see if it is tolerable to you. I like all-one's powder. I take the one that is rice based, which avoids any allergens like dairy or gluten. I get so tired of taking so many pills!!

good luck!

Pam

This topic was interesting to me! I thought I was always just a wimp! At least I am not alone, and now I have some helpful tips! For now I am going to work on making sure to eat a lot when I take it, and later probably try some of these other suggestions.

Does this go the same for other supplements/vitamins? I haven't ever taken many, but was considering it. Do ya'll have to be careful with the ingredients?

Thanks so much for all of your great suggestions! I hadn't even thought of a lot of these options, so thank you!!

Lisa

Do your vits have iron in them? I think a lot of people have trouble tolerating iron. I've had good luck with Freeda vitamins. They're free of a lot of ingredients that people are sensitive to (like gluten, yeast, lactose, etc.) and were recommended to me by someone here (Emily, I think). You can also search old posts as this topic has come up before. Good luck - let us know what you choose.