News About Our Documentary

Hi everyone,

As most of you know, we are in the process of creating a documentary about Orthostatic Intolerance. We are filming a Canadian girl, Shannon Donegan, and her mother today. Last night her local news channel found out that she will be featured in our documentary and they came out to film her and run a story about POTS as well! The newscast may only be up for a couple more hours, but for those of you who catch this quick...you can watch it at:

http://www.cbc.ca/newsatsixottawa/

Click on "latest newscast." Shannon's story is about the 6th one in.

Michelle

VERY cool! thanks for letting us know...

:) melissa

Thanks, Michelle. It took me a bit to find the article/video but I thought for the brief amount of time, they did a good job..how you can LOOK SO NORMAL but the standing and sitting up can bring on symptoms. Racing heart, dizziness, fatigue. How well some of us know.

I remember Shannon's you tube page...very moving.

Can't wait to see the documentary.

:)

Thanks for letting us know about this, Michelle! I enjoyed watching the news about Shannon. That's really neat that her local news channel helped her to spread awareness!

For those of you who don't want to watch the whole newscast, Shannon's story starts 6 minutes and 50 seconds into the program, so you can just skip ahead.

Rachel

Thank you for posting the link. I was just in time to watch the news clip last night. I agree that Shannon came accross very clearly and explained POTS without being overdramatic but whilst informing the viewers about her limitations.

I look forward to seeing her contribution to the DINET documentary when it has been filmed.

Flop

• 3 weeks later...