Britney Born 23 May 2006 - Ling

Ling

Dear All

I am finally back at work. I have been dying to write to you all and let you in on all the events of the last few months.

Britney was born 23 May 2006. I had a C.Section and fell in love the moment I saw her. My C.Section went well and was glad to end pregnancy. Britney is healthy and the most wonderful things that has ever happened to me in my life. I LOVE BEING A MOM!

The last few months have not been good health wise and I had a very hard time physically and emotionally. I had Britney on the Tuesday and landed up in I.C.U the Sunday. I was treated for a suspected embolism, lung infection and then Heart failure. As usual they had no idea what was wrong with me. I could not breath and started coughing none stop. I was coughing up blood balls. Britney and I were separated and she had to stay home, as they were too scared I would give her what ever I had. I could not breast feed for a week and the separation was terrible. I was sick for 12 weeks after Britney birth. Afterwards I slowly improved.

Britney is very healthy and such a blessing. The first 10 weeks she cried none stop. I think she had colic. I also noticed she screamed blue murder when I ate certain foods. She is gluten intolerance. As long as I don?t eat anything with gluten in she never cries any more. It hard for me as I love pasta and bread. Breastfeeding is important to me as I wish to give Britney the strongest possible foundation as a adult. So rice cake for me until we stop breast-feeding.

I can finally say all is eventually well with both of us. I just love being a mom so much and never dreamt it would be this wonderful. I am sad, as my husband does not want to have another baby. He just feels with my health he does not want 2 children and no wife. I have never been so scared in my life before but yet I would love another child. I know he is right as 6 hospital trips in one year is starting to get ridiculous.

Hope you all well. And promise to write regularly as I am back in the land of the living again.

Dizzy girl. I promise you a personal letter. :D

Ling

Congratulations and so glad that you checked in. We were all concerned about you.

Send a photo to dinetphotos@yahoo.com and I will post it on our Faces website, if you would like to share one.

I can completely relate with your experience post partum. Mine was very hard, but not as dramatic, although I did end up finally in the hospital when my daughter was 4 months old b/c my POTS was getting worse and worse and I had no diagnosis. In my case, there was no suspected physical problem, I was told again and again I was depressed and anxious, even when I could no longer stand or walk and I had a heart rate of 100 sitting and 160+ on standing.

Did you have a final diagnosis to explain the coughing of blood??

That is great that you are continuing to breastfeed.

Glad you are now feeling better.

I so understand how you feel about another child. There are days I want a second child, but when I really think about how hard the first pregnancy was--in particular delivery and post partum, it is hard to justify taking the risk to my long-term health. I had very serious problems at delivery, in my case. And we cannot financially afford, either, for me to be rendered incapacitated and unable to work at least part-time. There are advantages to a one-child family! My daughter gets A LOT of one-on-one attention, and many opportunities (education, travel, etc.) she would not have if we had more children, for example.

Enjoy your daughter and being a mom--it is wonderful.

Katherine

ling -

i was SO excited to see your post and to hear that you & your little one are now doing well. as others said we were all definitely getting worried. i'm so sorry to hear that things were so difficult for you following the birth but am happy that you're now getting to enjoy being a mother; Britney is lucky to have you.

:D melissa

Ling, I am so relieved to hear from you. If you look in the "chit chat" section of the forum, we have been thinking of you often and hoping you and your baby were okay.

With great happiness for you and your family, Nina

LING!!!!!!!! :D:D:D Congrats on your baby girl.. i know you where so very excited to see her and hold her.. congrats on your miracle baby dear!!:)

I am so sorry that you had such a rough time after the delivery.. that had to be horrible.. BUT im glad tht you are improving now...

you hang in there and enjoy your baby girl.. britney.. i like that name.. glad you both are ok.. we were all worried about you both :)

luv and hugs dizz

I am sooo glad to hear from you!!!!!!!! Congrats on the baby girl. We were all so worried about you. So your feeling better now?

Being a mom is definitely the greatest experience ever. I feel your pain about your husband not wanting more due to your health. My husband actually got a vasectomy because he feels my pregnancies caused my pots. I think the day he came home from surgery was one of the saddest days. I didn't want him to do it.

Dayna

Ling,

It's so wonderful to hear from you and to hear that you and your little girl are now well. Wow, it sounds like you've been through a lot this year but I could tell in your post that you are overjoyed to be a mom - this is so great to hear!!

Welcome back, we were all worried!

Lisa

Wonderful news, thanks for sharing it with us. It is amazing how wonderful motherhood is and how taxing! I am so glad that you are enjoying the experience. Treasure every moment and enjoy Britney. You just don't know, your health may improve and you may be able to have another. If not, you are incredibly blessed, so many people can't have any. Enjoy :D

Ling,

I am so, so happy to finally hear from you! We were all thinking about you and were worried that since you hadn't written, that something was wrong. I am glad to hear you made it through the pregnancy and had a beautiful little girl. So did they ever figure out what was wrong postpartum?

Anyway, so relieved to hear from you and hope that you continue to improve and that you are able to spend lots of time with your daughter.

Amy