Update On Jeff From Michigan Jan

michiganjan

We just got home from the hospital where Jeff had his sphere treatment to part of his liver. It went okay, but the doctor told us the last CT scan shows that Jeff has 5 new spots in the liver--small ones, but some are on the right side. The sphere treatment today was just to the left side.

Jeff also has a tumor in the caudate (part of the liver) that the treatment today may or may not have been able to reach.

Now Jeff will continue chemo and in 4 weeks we will have another CT scan to see the results of the cryo and the spheres procedure.

Jeff played golf yesterday. He was in pain from his right knee. It started the day before and wasn't too bad so he went ahead and played golf and that made it much worse. I am worried that it is a metastisis to the bone, but the radiologist today said probably not cancer related.

So now I have to talk to the oncologist and ask him to get pictures of the knee and figure out what to do about that, and what to do about the chemo that is scheduled for Friday, and give him the CT report.

I think this means that chemo will no longer hold this cancer. I am very sad tonight.

Hi Jan,

Hang in there. Reading your post makes me soo sad. I am going to say a special prayer for you and Jeff. I wish there was more I could do for you and Jeff. I'm glad to see that he is still active and doing things he loves. He's lucky to have you...Hopefully the doctors can figure out what the next course in action is.

Thanks for keeping us updated. You and your husband are in my thoughts...

Jacquie

oh god jan-- i read your post and i can feel your sadness. .. made me cry..

I know this has got to be incredibly tough on you and jeff right now...

I feel at a loss of words to say.. but want you to know that you both are in ym prayers and my thoughts... and i hope that the docs can come up with a new treatment options...

But bless you both for your courage and strength thru al of this..

hang in there jan..

BIG HUGS

linda

Its wonderful to see he is still trying to do the things he loves. God be with you as you go through this trying period of your lives. Seems as though you've both been blessed with each other :)

((Hugs))

Sue

Seems like you two are wonderful people and have an incredible outlook on life. I send prayers your way and wish you a special day together for your birthday.

Cry when you need to, it releases the stress on the body- and it's needed at times-then move on to laughter!

Jan

As difficult and sad as it is to read about this, I can NOT imagine how you are feeling. It's been such a road as you see Jeff keep some sense of normalcy throughout all of this...

To send more thoughts and prayers sounds seems so trite but it's all we can do..and I hope the love and energy continues to surround you and Jeff and your family.

Stay strong..but give in to the feelings you need to and not let them get pent up.

It must be overhelming.

Hugs, Jan

Sophia

Guest tearose

oh my Jan...what can I say?

Please know that my continued prayers go out to your husband...

I pray for the best of care for Jeff and for you and your family to have all the continued strength to deal with all things.

peaceful wishes, tearose

Guest Julia59

Jan, you and Jeff both remain in my thoughts and prayers always.

Can they do a bone scan on Jeff? That is a good way to take a look at how things are doing with his bones. My brother had one done after they removed the cancer from his colon, and he came out clear.

Keep hanging in there Jan---

Love,

Julie :0)