Just Got Out Of Local Hospital After Ten Days!

LindaJoy

Hi, everyone.

It's been a long haul. I've been in the hospital twice in the past month, the first time for two days, the second for ten days. Now I'm at the Cleveland Clinic. My POTS is HORRIBLE! My family doctor finds the whole condition fascinating, so he's been playing with my meds since January. I've gone from Paxil to Celexa to Zoloft without a break, in 2 1/2 months. Then, my bladder began to hurt. They're checking me here for IC. So far, nothing. I have to come back in a month for a cystoscopy and other test. I also see Dr. Fouad for my POTS tomorrow because I"m going into tach all the time, and all of my other POTS symptoms are all out of control. My POTS is the worst it has been in awhile. My doc. put me on cymbalta in the hospital, and it began causing me anxiety to the point I now have to take ativan twice a day. At home, pre-hospital, I was also given pyridium for my bladder that led me into autonomic storms, one right after the other, for 8 hours. I felt soooooooooo nervous after that, like every nerve in my body was ready to go off for any reason. Two days later, I went into severe tach that landed me in the hospital for ten days. I feel like one big, raw nerve. Can anyone relate to any of this?

I just feel like I"m falling apart. I can't imagine ever feeling good again.

I'd love to hear from you all, let me know I'm not alone.

Thanks.

LindaJoy

Hi Linda,

When I was bedridden for 2,5 years I was having a similar situation. I never though I would improve even if I had hope I would. I have still a long way to go but my life is better than it was a few months ago.

Keep on going. It will improve.

Hi Linda,

Hang in there....I hope you find something that helps you when you see Dr. Fouad. Summer is coming so I am getting nervous about that, because my symptoms are starting to flare up B) ...Let us know how you make out tomorrow and I hope you get better soon.

Jacquie

Hi Linda,

Sorry your feeling so POTSy lately.........I hope you find relief soon.

I to have a hard time once this time of year comes around, hang in there.

Amber

Linda,

You're not in the Potshole alone - wish we could have a cup of tea together. I am really down physically right now too - though not in the hosptial like you - I'm so sorry it's been so bad.

Morgan - me too! Feel horrible except when I'm sleeping, but even worse when I awaken and sleep is disrupted. Ugh... is it really the time of year?

I think we can just all relate to the ups and downs

Glad I checked today so I could send you my love Linda!

Hugs, Roselover

I hope things start turning around for you soon. I know what is like to be in the POTHOLES. I have been there many of time, and seem to be back in one again. I hope every thing goes well at Cleveland. Please let us know how it goes!

Amy

Guest Julia59

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. This will pass---things usually get better.

Yes---I have had that real jittery feeling---the worst part of POTS as far as i'm concerned.

Usually once the bad tachy spells & the terrbile jitters pass---then a period of fatigue follows.

It sounds like your sympathetic nervous system-(the flight of fight response) is in over drive.

This is common with POTS---especially the hyper ardengic type, but these spells can also happen if you don't have hyper adrengic POTS.

Sometimes I think some of these Docs over do it with the SSRI type drugs---I think this can sometimes aggrivate things further.

I wish they could figure out whats behind all this.

Hang in there--I hope things get better for you soon.

A BIG HUG,

Julie :0)

Hi,

I hope things are turning around for you. I can relate to feeling totally one edge with the nerves. The slightest movement can set another episode off sometimes. There are times when I am so sensitive that taking off my shoes and feeling the back of the shoe hit the bottom of my foot as it is coming off sets the nerves off. It sounds silly but it does <_<

Hope you are feeling better. :lol:

Linda, I hope you can find a bit of an extra boost here from reading how many friends you have here that care about you. I'm sure there are more than have written, as you know, some may be too sick to write themselves.

Hang in there! I hope that this stay in the hospital results in some improvements for you. Nina

Hi, everyone.

I'm home from the Cleveland Clinic. I have to go back next month for tests on my bladder. The docs are sure I have IC, but they have to look in my bladder (fun, fun) to see what all is going on, then do a function test. So, in other words, after two hospitalizations and a trip to the Cleveland Clinic, I'm still no further than I was over a month ago, but it's getting closer.

Thank you, everyone, for your well-wishes. When I didn't feel like smiling, you all sure made me feel good, anyway! I love you all so much! I depend on you so much, too, since you understand more than anyone!

I hope this finds all of you doing better.

Happy Easter.

Linda