"internal tremors"

Hi..

I get internal trmors...

I called it shaking from the inside out.. I find that I get this when my HR is high.. or if my BP is high or low.. or before and after a syncope spell..

So i get it when my body is under stress.. Um.. I have not found alot to make it go away..sometimes you just have to lay down and let it ride out.. and once the BP/HR return to a somewhat normal state.. the shaking stops..

But yeah it is a part of pots..

Yup, I get these too. I call them "the shakes". It feels like there are ants crawling around on my organs. I usually get these when my BP has dropped, I don't know why.

I also get a less severe version of these after I lay down, as my hr is falling. They're annoying, but I'm sure they're not dangerous.

Hope that helps,

Lauren

Me too. Sometimes I get really cold with these spells and sometimes not (the shaking doesn't start out from being cold though). Once it gets started and I get really cold the only thing that can really warm me up is immersing myself in a warm bath. I just have to be extremely careful with this because I'm usually very syncopal at that point and the tub isn't the best place for passing out but if I can warm up it helps.

I've recently been told I may have Raynauds. I don't know if what I experience is that vs. POTS.

Anyway, you aren't alone in this symptom for sure.

yep, this is definitely a "me too"...

i've had external shakes/tremors for years when doing really poorly, after a blackout, etc, but the internal stuff is new for me....

it's been hitting me bad for the past month or so, mostly in the mornings, and does correspond with my feeling extremely weak. it's most pronounced in my extremities (rather than in the core of my body) and doesn't seem to improve at all regardless of my position. another mystery.....

:( melissa

• 15 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Do you guys find that CBD oil can help to calm these internal tremors? I'm assuming that the internal tremors are attributed to high adrenaline. 

For me personally, I get them after eating any meal, big or small, high carb or low carb for the past 2-3 days now. I was diagnosed with POTS November of last year, and this is a new symptom for me. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I get them too. They were one of the last new symptoms I picked up before my (very recent) POTS diagnosis. I started describing it as "the core of my body quivering." I have this with two separate focuses: sometimes the quivering is just in my abdomen, and sometimes it goes up the entire center of my body, where I experience it most strongly in my chest. I have yet to identify any particular triggers; these do not appear to be linked to tachycardia or occur specifically while standing--they can appear when I'm just sitting comfortably. I sometimes wake up like this, too. It has become one of my more common symptoms.

I wondered for a while whether I was experiencing actual tremors or simply the sensation of quivering with no actual movement. And I still wonder that a little, but I believe I'm actually shaking. I've seen a blanket I was sitting under shake, and also observed that something I was holding was shaking, though I usually cannot see any movement if I simply look at my limbs.

As time has continued on, I have now experienced it not after exercise, and not while standing. It is usually the first symptom I can feel that tells me I should sit down. If I continue to push through it standing it has now progressed to he’s going as high for me as 140, headaches and chest pain. It is the oddest sensation, quivering, not quite a tremor, and hard to tell where exactly it originates from.

• 2 weeks later...