Happy Birthday Persephone!

steph37822

Happy Birthday to you! B)

Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

I hope Oxford calls and says they will give you EVERYTHING you NEED and MORE!! ;)

I wish you a healthier year than last, and a very bright future with as much laughter, good times, and education as you can fit in your head! :D

Best of luck with everything you wish to accomplish, may your POTS be the least of your worries in the years ahead......that is my Birthday wish to you! :):wub::wub:

Take Care

-Steph

Happy Birthday to You (colin firth is mine)

Happy Birthday to you ( you can't have him)

Happy Birthday dear PERSEPHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE (I held it lovely if you coudl hear me!)

Happy Birhtday to You! (He is my Mr. Darcy, oh those eyes) :-)

Sorry couldn't resist the side comments.

Hope you have a wondrful birhtday and Colin Firth shows up at your house in a wet white shirt!!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::)

Wishing you happiness and better health and a great year!

Stacey :-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I wish you a happy and HEALTHY Year :)

Awwww guys! :wub: Thanks SO much! you are SO awesome! how did you KNOW? do you have photographic memories or something?!?!

I can't BELIEVE I'm 24!

It's been a nice day- a bit quiet as I couldn't go to St Andrews and see my pals in the end- it's the foirst time since 1999 that I haven't been at Uni with my mates celebrating my birthday BUT--I guess I need to focus on what is to come rather than what has been.

this time last year, no one recognised me in the pub on my birthday- I'd been home for the summer, lost weight, my fainting was in remission and I looked fantastic--had totally revamped my image. We celebrated not just my birthnday but the fact that for once, I seemed to have my health back on track.

It kind of hurts when I think of that day with all its happiness, and what came after that. but I am definitely doing better than I was!

Thanks guys- you're all brill :-) and I certainly don't know where I would be now without you all- I would never have had the confidence to push for my diagnosis, and I would never have actually realised that other people all over the world go through what I do.

SO THANKYOU FOR EVRYTHING. I hope you're all ewnjoying my cyber birthday party! Right now, I'm sitting down to a wheat free cake with lashings of icing and chocolate, a malibu and lemonade, and there's some really banging house music in the background! and we're ALL dancing- no one is dizzy or feeling grotty...enjoy! :)

Love you ALL x x

Hey Persephone!

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear persephone, Happy birthday to you!

I think Stacey's rendition takes the cake!

And, you are having wheat free cake????? I want some of that!

I love all your UK 'language and terms'! You are from Scotland right? I get mixed up b/c you are in England for stuff too! Sorry...

Anyways, whenever I hear you talking about places and telling stories and using your cool langauge it reminds me of one of the happiest times of my life! I studied abroad in England (Sussex) in college and travelled to Scotland, Ireland and Wales also. It cracks me up when you compare Scots and Brits or something like that. One of my closest friends studied at Edinburgh (sp? aaack brain fog today, that's super embarrassing and makes me sound like an uneducated idiot! sorry!). Anyways, I visited her and we climbed this Albert's Peak thingie! Oh my! It was so windy we thought we would blow over. We got to the top and couldn't see anything it was so windy. I just loved being overseas. I want to be well enough to go back! The whole time I visited her and was trying to sightsee it was soooo windy! :)

I don't know why I am telling you all this...just to make you smile I guess. B/c birthdays can be hard--I hear you. It kind of makes how yucky you might be feeling sick in cause you can't celebrate the way you want to.

Hey we bought this cook book and it is an allergy one and it is made in the UK--so it has all of these ingredients that we don't recognize! What is golden syrup??

We have so many products here in our stores that are made in England--that are wheat-free gluten-free, dairy free. One is the Glutano brank, I think. Anyways, you guys seem to be more on the ball with celiac products. BUT I bet you miss things like digestives and hob-knobs????? I would! Heck I miss CAKE, cookies, and all those things that we shouldn't eat anyways, but I want anyways!

Okay, really rambling...but it's your special day so I wanted to help make it more special and talk your ear off a bit! :wub:

Wishing you a year filled with all the things Steph said (here's a tip...her little secret is the "Calendar" feature in the top right corner of the screen. Corina taught me this).

Later alligator!

Emily

Hey Persephone!

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear persephone, Happy birthday to you!

I think Stacey's rendition takes the cake!

And, you are having wheat free cake????? I want some of that!

I love all your UK 'language and terms'! You are from Scotland right? I get mixed up b/c you are in England for stuff too! Sorry...

Anyways, whenever I hear you talking about places and telling stories and using your cool langauge it reminds me of one of the happiest times of my life! I studied abroad in England (Sussex) in college and travelled to Scotland, Ireland and Wales also. It cracks me up when you compare Scots and Brits or something like that. One of my closest friends studied at Edinburgh (sp? aaack brain fog today, that's super embarrassing and makes me sound like an uneducated idiot! sorry!). Anyways, I visited her and we climbed this Albert's Peak thingie! Oh my! It was so windy we thought we would blow over. We got to the top and couldn't see anything it was so windy. I just loved being overseas. I want to be well enough to go back! The whole time I visited her and was trying to sightsee it was soooo windy! :)

I don't know why I am telling you all this...just to make you smile I guess. B/c birthdays can be hard--I hear you. It kind of makes how yucky you might be feeling sick in cause you can't celebrate the way you want to.

Hey we bought this cook book and it is an allergy one and it is made in the UK--so it has all of these ingredients that we don't recognize! What is golden syrup??

We have so many products here in our stores that are made in England--that are wheat-free gluten-free, dairy free. One is the Glutano brank, I think. Anyways, you guys seem to be more on the ball with celiac products. BUT I bet you miss things like digestives and hob-knobs????? I would! Heck I miss CAKE, cookies, and all those things that we shouldn't eat anyways, but I want anyways!

Okay, really rambling...but it's your special day so I wanted to help make it more special and talk your ear off a bit! :wub:

Wishing you a year filled with all the things Steph said (here's a tip...her little secret is the "Calendar" feature in the top right corner of the screen. Corina taught me this).

Later alligator!

Emily

Happy Birthday!

I am 24 too! It is nice to see another person of my age (not nice that you are sick though). I spent my 24th in Sweden at a hip bar (looking at a hottie of a bartender, one of those tall blue-eyed muscular Scandanavian types) and I ate wheat free dark chocolate truffles with ligonberry in one and coffee flavor in one and just hardcore chocolate in another with a berry sorbet... and a candle! It was cool to be in a country with so many yummy wheat-free options (that they informed me about in advance)! I am now feeling lousy but I am glad I can remember a fun birthday as the last few before that saw me too ill to do much.

Luckily, my boyfriend is a good chef and he has made me some yummy wheat-free cakes, pies and cookies for all the holidays, so I can't complain. Hope you get all you wish for and a fun present for good measure ;-)

Best,

Leah

Happy Birthday, Persephone!

On days I ache in mind and bone

I just think of her, Persephone

and all the other folks out here

Who I've just met, but now hold dear

This is a crazy road we walk

We type and chat and sit and talk

And wonder where this road may lead

and what will help us what indeed?

Each day is new, we can't predict

what symptoms our bodies will pick

To throw at us each sun-borne day

Why can't we throw this POTS away?

In this world, we're misunderstood

But for all that, there's one thing good

'cuz here we find some friends anew

Who know what we are going through

And now to you I write this verse

It's way too simple, please don't curse

That you can one day, past this rhyme

Look forward to a better time

And that's the wish I want to loan

To you on this day, Persephone

Happy Birthday, may it be grand

May this year give you all you've planned

Guest Mary from OH

GREAT!!! I get to follow a poet!!!

Well... 24 years, and already off to graduate school despite POTS and all your "setbacks"!! Hooray to you!!!

Hope you had an awesome Birthday!!!!

I think we all forget the "little things" in life because we're always so caught up in trying to just make it through each day. But, each of us has accomplished so much in our own way. On your special day, (I know I'm a little late, so bear with me and do it a little late - sorry!) I wish for you to tke the time to remember how special you are, how unique you are, how you've touched so many people's lives, how there's no one else in the world just like you, how we'd all be lost without you and that we're all here wishing you the best Birthday in the world!!

Happy Birthday

:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hey,

Guess I get keep Colin, thanks!

Jim may cuase a rukus and so may Colin's wife but since persephone seems to have relinquished him he is MINE!

heehee

Stacey :-)

By the way lovely poem StandUpSitDown, I loved it. It seems many of us write poetry. Hope it is not a cause of POTS hehe :rolleyes: