Having my birthday

corina

So today's my birthday (thank you so much for remembering Steph!!, that was really sweet of you, I could hear you sing!) and I remember how sad I was last year. So this year I thought that I didn't want to celebrate with friends and family (just my own little 4 people family) and I asked my husband to take the day off and take me to my favourite village near the coast (maybe you remember how much I love the sea) where I used to go with the children. Unfortunately my husband couldn't get the day off and it seemed that I would spend the day on my own (the boys were at school all day). I was so very sad because I so much looked forward to it. But then my sister called and she and her partner surprised me by taking me to a very sweet little island, where we had lunch. I soooo enjoyed it!!!! And I felt sooo happy.

For tonight (it's 9.30pm here) I've planned a virtual party and would like all my POTSpals (okay, this word is stolen from Emily :) ) to celebrate life. The fun thing is that we can drink as much cocktails as we want, because it won't affect us :(:lol: .

So here's to my sister and to all of my POTSpals: cheers, and may this coming year bring us health, joy and lots of fun!!!

Corina

Corina, Corina (there's a movie in the States with that name ;) !) I'm glad you had a good day! And maybe when your hubby is off, and the boys don't have school, all of you can go to your favorite village?

I hope that my singing sounded MUCH better in your head than it does in real life--normally people are asking me NOT to sing! :) It is THAT bad, I cannot tell a lie, but I did sing it to myself while typing! :P

So here is your b'day surprise from me: Gelukkige Verjaardag Corina, hoop ik u een prachtige dag had, en uw jaar vooruit met betere gezondheid wordt gevuld! Liefde, Steph

Ok, Ok, so I found an online Translator! But I thought you might like to read in your own language for once! :(

And in honor of YOU, and raising my blood pressure--I will enjoy a REAL Amstel Light tonight--or two......so thanks for inviting me to your virtual party! I'm having fun already! Hope you sleep well, and thanks for making us part of your birthday as well, take care!

-Steph

:lol::wub::wub:

I;m so glad you enjoyed your B day ! I wish you all good things this year...most of all GOOD HEALTH :)

thanks for telling us about your day corina. and again, happy birthday! i know i posted to you in the other thread but i don't think it's possible to have too many birthday wishes! it's so great to hear your attitude about your day & the year to come, and that you took the time to share it with us too.

and i second the thought that maybe you can "extend" your celebration even further by taking the trip to your favorite village on a day when your family has free time. then you can have two birthdays!

i'm partying with you right now in spirit though don't think i'll partake to quite the degree steph is...i have to make it to class tomorrow!

so glad you had a good day. here's to a wonderful year to come....

love & hugs & smiles & sunshine,

:) melissa

happy birthday to you! happy birthday to you! Happy birthday DEAR CORINAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOOOOO YOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And many more.

there is my birthday song to you. Just imagine it being sung really off key because I am very tonedeaf. Hope you had a great day!

:)

I'm wishing you a VERY happy birthday, dear Corina! :D

I'm so happy you were able to have at least part of your birthday wish come true -- what a lovely present from your sister. :) I'm a fellow sea lover -- it has so many stories to impart, so much peace to give, so many thoughts to inspire.... Perfect choice to celebrate your birthday!

You've been such a wonderful gift to us all on the forum, dear friend! You've brought us many chickles, and smiles, and a great deal of love. Thank you for how much you've invested in all our lives! :):)

Enjoy your birthday & thank you for remembering us in your festivities -- we ought to have more parties around here! ^_^ Do you have any special birthday traditions in your family or the Netherlands in general? Cake??!!! :):P

With love and a room full of virtual balloons, :):):)

Angela

My dear friends,

thank you so much for celebrating with me. And for your singing (I could hear them all, even across the ocean :D ), birthday wishes, roses, balloons and your sweet words. Oh and don't cry Ernie, you better leave that to me as I'm soooo good at that ^_^ . And Steph I wish you could have seen my face reading DUTCH here. You really got me stupefied and sooo amazed and smiling from ear to ear and (of course) you all made me wet eyed. But I don't care, you all made my birthday even better.

For the ones who like to know: my husband gave me a new mobile phone and a very sweet letter, my oldest son gave me very nice smelling bath stuff and my youngest son gave me a beautiful little book called: Ongeneeslijk Optimistisch (and in English: Incurable Optimistic). I really LOVE that title because I feel that's like me (it's about a dutch writer who had a brain tumor and recently died, age 42, but was a very optimistic person. I felt soooo sad when he died).

Well, I have to "hurry" now, because my housekeeper will be here in a minute and the sun is shining and guess what: tomorrow is my youngest son's birthday!!!

Love, Corina :P

hi corrina,

happy belated birthday fellow virgoan!

my birthday was last week (25th) and it's my mum's fiftieth today so we are gonna have a nice family meal, cos i'm not feeling too good my sister is cooking and i get to lie down and watch! (could be fun, my sister blew up the microwave last year cos she put a can in it!) happy birthday to your son.

becks x x x

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BELATED

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BELATED

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINA ( I HELD THE NOTE WELL!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BELATED!

I will drink a virtual toast to you tonight and in hindsight I had a bite of ice cream for you yesterday! ;)OKay ! :-)

Stacey :-)

Stacey, thank you so much for singing for me (I heard the note!!!). And you know: I LOVE ICECREAMS (my husband always asks: why is it that YOU can eat icecreams and NOT gain any weight!!!! And I answer: that's MY secret darling, not that I have a clue why I don't gain weight!!!)

Hope you have a real nice day Stacey!!!

Corina

hi corrina,

cooking went surprisingly well, we are all still alive! i think my cousin helped her though, he seems to have moved in with my parents over the weekend, which is cool but he normally lives in northern ireland, i swear no one tells me anything!!

mum had a fantastic birthday, she was very merry when i arrived drinkin g champagne with her friends, so all was good. hope your son had a good birthday too.

becks x x x :)