Cancer Or Dyautonomia

Well my doctor has been confused lately, and today is the day I find out what's wrong with me. For 9 days I've had symptoms that I wasn't used to when I have a dysautonomia episode. I've been having night sweats, more tired than normal, went from 126lbs to 116lbs in 9 days without trying, and 2 days ago started having this pressure/squeezing pain in my upper left stomach under my ribs, doctor said it was my spleen and that it was enlarged. So she told my mom and me to go to the outpatient children's hospital to get blood work done and we did. She called yesterday night and told my mom and me to come to her office at the hospital at 10 AM she wouldn't tell my mom any news on the phone she just said for us to be at her office so we can talk. I know she suspected Hodgkin's lymphoma- but I never accepted that, I'm 17 I don't want to hear about cancer and I told my mom I don't feel sick enough to have cancer. My mom has been stressed all night and so have I, neither of us got much sleep. Has anyone experienced this or have any advice?

Years ago my doctor told me that he suspected me to have a form of cancer and was going to do a test to prove it. I was devastated, came to the hospital on my own as I really didn't expect much. Long story short he couldn't find any tumors and I was considered healthy. It had quite an impact.

I really hope that you don't get bad news, but have to admit that it seems worrying. Will be thinking of you and IF it is bad news I really hope they will be able to offer you good treatment. Warm wishes

Really hope you get good news when you see your doctor but even if it is Hodgkin's lymphoma, I guess the sort-of bright side there is that it is certainly a lot more treatable/curable than it was in the past. I know several people who have had it and are doing well now. So while I'm really hoping and praying that it's nothing nearly that serious, there is still a positive outlook even if you do get bad news.

Sending you lots of hugs!!!! Please keep us posted.

Thinking of you! I pray it's nothing serious like cancer. maybe it's something with your spleen that can be fixed more easily. I've been having discomfort on my left upper side, under the ribs lately like you describe. I haven't had it checked out because it isn't constant but it is concerning. Hope you feel better, let us know how it goes!!!!!! good luck

I had sudden onset POTS and my symptoms were extreme fatigue, sudden weight loss, night sweats and swollen lymph nodes, so among other things, I was looked at for lymphoma. I'm not sure why your doctor specifically suspected HL, maybe you have other suggestive symptoms, but your symptoms are also consistent with some viral infections, like mononucleosis. There are also a few autoimmune disorders that can cause a swollen spleen, fatigue, etc. Even if there are abnormalities on your blood test and they don't point to a virus, that's not a definitive diagnosis for lymphoma. From what I was told, It can only really be diagnosed through a bone marrow biopsy or lymph node biopsy.

Good luck this morning, I hope you get positive news! And if not, everyone above is right - HL is one of the most curable cancers, very high treatment rates. Will be praying for you!

Thinking of you! Ive been tested for Charsinoma (spelling?) cancer 4 times...The docs were sure they had finally figured it out. I understand the scary feeling of wait for those results...and then them not telling you over the phone. Talk about a serious flare up of symptoms :( In all honesty all i did was pray, and meet with my counsleor to try to cope until I had results...It was a rough few weeks (they were all spread out becasue they kept retesting me). Im sorry you are dealing with this.

Hugs