What Is Or Was Your Scariest And Strangest Symptom?

JUst curious as to what are some of everyones strangest scariest symptom so far? I have many and will post mine soon, having visual symptoms right now ugh!!!

Probably either shortness of breath or purple legs. My dad was with me when I had a really bad shortness of breath/ tachy episode and I think it really freaked him out. Also, before I knew I had POTS when I would go in the locker room after gym my legs were so purple from two hours of standing and everyone would be like "ewww what's wrong with your legs?!". I obviously didn't know so it was kind of scary.

Mine was this June when I was hospitalized and finally diagnosed with dysautonomia. After starting my IV the nurse flushed it with 3cc NS. This sent me into full blown "fight or flight" response: HR went from 60 to 140, BP dropped to 80/40, SOB, Chest pain, impending sence of doom....I thought I was coding! Of course being a nurse myself and being in my ward ( ICU) I as well as my colleagues didn't believe it, so when it was due the nurse flushed the IV again, this time .2 cc caused the same response! Long story short, I was transferred to a teaching facility and during the week there I did the same thing 10 more times with NS flushes! Now how can that be? Your blood is made of NS. Why such a huge response? Is this a NE surge caused by a change in pressures? Anyway it was scary and a weird response. Don't know if I still do it, haven't had an IV since. Blood draws we're just fine.

Bar none the scariest was the episode I posted about last week after my saline infusion :( I hope to never experience an episode to that degree ever again. It is a week later and my muscles are still sore. I have yet to find an answer to what caused it........ it was actually similar to yours KOR1212....except I had massive full body muscle contraction.....on the masto site many patients are telling me if you have mast cell issues IV can release histamine.....nasty combo I found out the hard way.....

Bren

I don't suppose any of mine are strange; strange to others but normal to us. The scariest to me is the lightheaded/seizury head feeling that I get. It just never feels like my head is right, don't know if it's a dimished blood flow up there or what but I can't stand the feeling.

Wow, there are so many scary symptoms that we experience all the time - it's hard to narrow it down...

- When my hr goes into the 40's when I'm upright and it makes me cough. I would prefer tachy anyday compared with this feeling.

- Once I was sitting at the computer and started to swallow (just saliva), but the flap that closes over allowing you to swallow or breathe, closed right over and locked up so I couldn't swallow or breathe. After the initial terror feeling of the moment, I forced a cough which opened things up again. The funny thing though, is that as soon as it was over, I went right back to the computer to whatever I was doing. It's amazing how unfazed we can be with such a mixed up ANS.

- When I wake up with my heart in a 'spasm'. I've not been able to capture this on a monitor, so I don't know exactly what's happening, but I wake up and my heart is stuck in a crazy vibration. It's not a tachy episode (because I get those at night too). It feels like it's not actually beating at all, just in a spasm and it causes me and the whole bed to shake/vibrate. My regular hr monitor can't read it at all. So, I try to take notice of everything that is going on so I can later describe it better to the docs and at the same time try to figure out how to slowly bring my heart back to a normal rhythm because it feels like an abrupt change would not be good at all...scary.

Severe spaciness, where I lose the ability to really process my surroundings and just walking down the street avoiding people and garbage cans and cars is an exercise in mixed luck/terror. The others (presyncope, sweatiness, nausea, shortness of breath, palpitations) I feel like I either have some control over, understand why they happen, or have accepted them, but the spaciness (especially when really severe like above) is just a disaster.

For me the most scary thing is my bad memory. It made me get lost twice (luckily I was found by my husband), I have had times where I didn't know how to use appliances (washingmachine/ clockradio/ tubledryer and probably more that I forgot :) ), there were a few times that I didn't know the person next to me in bed, what day it was/could be and should the kids go to school or might it be weekend? And I've had several times where my fridge was full of food but I didn't have a clue what to do with it.

Most of the things have settled down or I've found solutions (when I make my grocery list I write down what to eat and when), I'm not in charge of our finances anymore (I could pay people/bills several times) and we bought a great navigation systen so that I'll always be guided home now that I've re started driving. I never go out without my cellphone. But there still is a lot that I don't know (anymore) and knowing that I don't know is quite scary to me.