Our Girl Emily

Merrill

Hi, guys. I wish I had better news to report regarding our Dancing Light... but the truth of the matter is that she's still having a really tough time recovering from gall bladder surgery. Last week was a tough one. Her mom writes,

" ... she has been weaker and had more dropping blood pressure, near fainting episodes, shakes and nausea. She is staying in bed and trying to be still. Every time she moves, she gets another spell. She isn't doing too well on the eating either. She doesn't have energy for anything--talking on the phone, going on-line, watching television. She feels too miserable to even get herself distracted. She does still enjoy receiving your notes and cards via snail mail...she has a keen ear for hearing when the mailman is at our driveway B)

Emily had a PICC (a peripherally inserted central catheter) put in at the hospital a week ago and then we arranged for home health care services to set-up the IV fluids at home this week. They have instructed us on this procedure and we are struggling to get that figured out. Yesterday, I had the blood coming out of her instead of the fluid going into her!!"

This is disappointing news, of course ... I don't know about you, but I really miss Emily's wit and wisdom ... her incredible compassion and capacity to empathize and lend support--and to make us laugh. Whadaya say we send back some o' that love to her ... via snail mail?!

If you send a postcard or letter to Emily, c/o DINET, PO Box 55, Brooklyn, MI 49230, Michelle will forward the mail to her. (Thanks, Michelle!!!)

And thanks to all of you. Keep thinkin' those good thoughts...

Merrill

Thanks for the update on Em. I actually still have a package of bracelets for her that I've been waiting to mail as I ordered her a small gift I wanted to sent with them--it should get here in the next day or so, so I'm hoping that might cheer her up a bit.

Nina

Thanks for the update. I am so sorry to hear about what she is going through. It brings back such bad personal memories--I know how hard it is to recover from surgery with POTS. Surgery seems to trigger severe autonomic problems in some of us that can go on for months. I am glad she is getting IV fluids at home--that should really help.

I will be sending something to her too, very soon.

Katherine

I will send Emily a card. I just underwent minor surgery on my shoulder and have been experiencing a great increase in my symptoms too, but not to that extent. I am wondering if the injection of steroid that I had few days prior to surgery to relieve the excruciation pain isn't affecting me adversely as well. I generally feel like crap no matter what I do. Martha

Guest Julia59

I'm sorry Emily is not doing well. I check the forum often to look for any news about her recovery. I am praying each day that she gets stronger.

I will be sending a card soon. Hang in there Emily----it will get better---I know it will---just hang on a little longer.

Blessings to you,

Julie :0)

Oh em!

Thanks for posting this and I am sending hugs and love to emily!

Is it still ok to send cards to you Michelle to forward on to her?

Stacey

Guest Julia59

Michelle,

My Card was sent today. I think about Emily all the time. I have had the pleasure to meet with her on her appointments to see Dr. Grubb. I have also met her Mother.

They are Both such sweet people. I pray each day for Emily to get Stronger.

Julie :0)

I'm sending the first batch of cards to Emily tomorrow. Thanks Gina, Julie, Martha, Michele and Sarina!

There's still time to send a card to Emily for the second batch. Again, the address is:

Emily

c/o DINET

PO Box 55

Brooklyn, MI 49230

THANKS!!!! :)

Michelle

Guest tearose

Michelle, I still haven't made my way to the mailbox and we have so much snow!

I expect to have help to get a little note in tomorrow's mail. It will probably take a day or two to get to you. Please don't hold things up, maybe you could do a third mailing too?

thank you, tearose