Number Of Hours You Are Mobile During The Day

gertie

I am actually standing or walking for very little time during the day. Maybe about an hour broken up into shorter intervals. Once during the summer I went to the art museum and was upright for about 55 minutes. I went to a small zoo with my grandson and was probably up for about 20 minute intervals. Does driving count? I am able to drive for about 45 minutes and that is mobile but sitting.(So I guess that doesn't count.)

Not very much :). Today I was up just after 11:30 and sat wedged into my comfy chair for about an hour and a bit, then had to lay down on the couch. I was able to sit up for about a half hour or so in the afternoon, and then had a 2.5 hour nap. This evening I sat at a Bible study at a friend's house for an hour and a half, but my hubby had to drive me and pick me up since I couldn't make it home myself last week :(. I can stand long enough to make myself a bowl of cereal, or to go to the bathroom or sometimes to quickly sweep the kitchen floor, but that's about it. Even then I start having symptoms, but I can usually get back to sitting/lying before I'm on the verge of blacking out.

On my good days, I can work a 9 hour day, most of which is on my feet. On my bad days now, I can be up enough to keep loads of laundry moving along and do my basic self care ADL's. On my worst days, before being diagnosed, it was an all day project to get up, shower and get dressed. :)

I'm up from about 6 am until 12:30, then I lay in bed and read for an hour before turning out the light and trying to take a nap. I'm up again about 3 pm until 5:30 pm, and then I'm back in bed reading until about 7-7:30. Lights out and the next day starts the same way....This is my main pattern, but I'm usually sitting most of the time I'm "up" - on the computer, reading, watching t.v.

On good days I can leave the house for about 2-3 hours, sometimes more. All depends on the day, of course.

I have seen a huge decline in my ability to be "up", even in just the past few months. I woke up today at about 9pm, having slept almost 24 hours. I also just got out of the hospital after a 3 day stay. I usually am "up" only in bits in pieces, to make something to eat (although that hasn't happened much lately) and then I go back to the couch. Needing far more help with my adl's than I used to. Sigh. I no longer drive at all, I am too afraid of what I might do to someone else. I just couldn't live with hurting someone else because I was too reluctant to admit that I just can't do it anymore.

Sandy

Mobil as doing stuff or mobile as walking?

Right now , being pregnant, i tolerate more standing and walking. But still I doupt it gett to be more than 30 min a day, if even that much. Some days maby more, other less.

But whit my wheels i can gett around for lots longer, ofcourse still depending on the day...=)

I'm able to work full time. Mostly I'm sitting, not a very physically demanding job. Although it's stressful at times. I sleep about 7-10 hours on week days. Friday nights I'm drained and usually pass out early. I usually take a 3 hour late afternoon nap Sat and/ or Sun. and sleep about 9-11 hours at night. I leave the apt about 1/2 the weekends depending on how I'm feeling. Maybe go for a walk. Do some laundry. Often think about going shopping but rarely go. Mostly sitting in front of the computer.