Our Demographics Part 2

HopeSprings

Part 2  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted "other" for diagnosis. 16 years ago I was given the diagnosis of NCS, and then a year later POTS was added to that. However, as time goes on I fit the NCS and POTS criteria less and less. Most recently my doctors have said, "severe dysautonomia," "almost autonomic failure," and "mitochondrial disease."

Rachel

I voted "other" and OH/POTS - the "other" is my diagnosis of small fiber neuropathy. Lots o' pain. I also voted "other" for possible causes, because many doctors believe that a virus can cause dysautonomia/POTS. They think I became ill after I got sick with a virus common to the southwest area.

I marked my "trigger" as pregnancy because it's very ironic that it just came on right afterwards and after my complicated delivery. The other ladies who have POTS/dysautonomia as their trigger. Did you have complicated deliveries, large blood loss, etc?

Thanks, I was just curious about your situations and was wondering if it was anything like my own!

... The other ladies who have POTS/dysautonomia as their trigger. Did you have complicated deliveries, large blood loss, etc?

I had three very complicated pregnancies and premature deliveries. I've had weird symptoms for a long time (probably a genetic predisposition toward POTS etc), including after the pregnancies, but it was a surgery that really set off the storm of symptoms that knocked me out of life for a long time.