Link To Memorial For Jeff Jones

michiganjan

I have been absent from this list a long time. My husband, Jeff's fight with cancer became my full time job. As was posted in another message, he died on November 13 after a 16 month battle with cancer at the junction of his stomach and esophagus. I am posting a link to a slide show we made of his life that was part of his funeral service The final two slides and music "I Won't Back Down" by Johnny Cash are very representative of his attitude toward his fight with cancer.

here is the link:

http://www.jonesncompany.com

Well, it didn't post like a link, but if you just type in jonesncompany.com into the address bar of Internet Explorer, it should get you there.

Missed you all

Michigan Jan, who now walks alone, but pays someone to bring the groceries.

jan so good to see you on here.. im so sorry for you loss.. you and jeff (BOTH) fought long and hard.. god bless you!

Honey your never truly walking alone.. even though im sure that it feels that ways..in the physcial sense ok...but Im certain that jeff is still waking right besides you...in spirit

glad you popped in to visit us!!

Love

linda

Jan

Obviously I was surprised but PLEASANTLY so to see you back here. :)

I know you and Jeff did so much together...yes, indeed, you ARE walking alone but I hope the journey will ease in sorrow as time goes by....no magic words to make you get thru the stages of grief..just trudge thru it...I hope your loved ones will help you but in the end...it's just time that heals to a good degree, anyway.

I LOVED the memorial and the use of Johnny Cash's version of the Tom Petty song at the end.

I know it will take a long time to adjust from YOUR job..and time to learn to nurture yourself..in so many ways at this time....but you do whatever you need to recover.

Sophia

Jan,

It's great to see you back. I am very sorry for your loss, as Linda said you BOTH fought hard for so long....You are never alone because we are all here for you, please don't ever forget that...

How have you been doing health wise???

Jan,

I'm so happy to see you back! I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad Jeff is resting peacefully now. I know how hard you both fought this-----Not only was he brave----but you are too!

You know my heart is with you dear. Jeff's spirt will live on in many people's lives---he had a true spirit that shined brightly along with his kind heart.

Please concentrate on keeping yourself well--take your time recovering----and open yourself to healing energies.

Your a strong person Jan-------------I really saw this as you went though this journey.

Thank you for sending us the link---That smile of his is contagious-------------------- ;)

HUGS to you ---

Maxine

Jan

That was absolutely BEAUTIFUL, what a wonderful tribute to your man. You can honestly feel the love you two shared just by looking at the pictures.

My sisters husband died very young two years ago, he was fifty-one. You say you now walk alone, I can tell you from her experience you aren't walking alone, your husband strongly lives in your heart now and always. Take the wonderfulness of your relationship with you and keep it strong in your heart, he'll never leave you.

God bless you and your family

((Hugs))

Sue

Jan,

My heart goes out to you...I know that Jeff fought the fight and you were there by his side. Why do bad things happen to good people? That is the question.

I saw the slide presentation...I know that you will miss him but I feel sure that he will be still watching over you. I am sitting here typing this message and wiping tears from my eyes at the same time.

Be strong and know that we will be here with you.

Wish I was in Michingan to provide some comfort,

Lois

Jan, That was a truly beautiful memorial for Jeff. I am so sorry for your loss. The pictures made me laugh and cry. He is out of pain now and though it is so hard on you to walk alone here, know that his spirit will always be with you, so you truly will never be alone. I don't post often, but I have been keeping up with Jeff's journey through his sickness as you posted and am glad that you had a chance to spend the time you did together through his illness and support each other through such a difficult time. You are so strong - Take care of yourself. Love, Beth

Thanks for sharing that beautiful slide show. You and your family did an amazing tribute to your husband. I laughed, I smiled, I cried. Everything about it was wonderful -

I am sure you will have many difficult times ahead, especially with the holidays- That slide show reminds us of the true gifts- and your husband and family were blessed with some wonderful times and memories.

Take care.