Heart Rate Of 166 Bpm

so i have been weening off my beta for a NY pots research study that i will be in on monday and tuesday next week. i am still on 80mg's of beta (down from 160mg's) and today while at work my rates were up to 166 and i literally didnt even know it. i only checked my rate with a pulse oximetry monitor at work because i felt pretty hot/sweaty because it is so HUMID. i didnt feel anything other than that.

do any of you ever only know your rates are high because you check it or do you always feel it? i guess my body has just gotten used to being fast all these years!

Guest dionna

i usually feel pressure in my chest, i can feel it moving, or i can see it move if i have a fast heart rate but what usually does it to me is the feeling i have. i get more lightheaded and i just feel "funny". that is how i usually know it is fast. now... it may be fast sometimes and i not notice it but most of the time i do. i think anyway.

dionna B)

I do sometimes, but not always. But as far as I can tell, I feel about the same whether it's 120 or 180, so I can tell that it's going *quickly* - cuz it's pounding.. when it's tachy and I'm ON medicine, the beats are more forceful, too, so I can feel those better.

B) Weird. :)

I don't usually feel it until it's close to 200... instead, I just feel really sweaty, nauseated, dizzy and a little short of breath.

nina

usually once my heart rate gets going above 140-150 i begin to notice a difference in how i feel.. thoug sometimes i can be cooking along much higher and not reallly notice that my rate is above 170..

I think I'd have to say once my Heart rate reaches about 190..and higher ( then i turn to mush and am unable to move with out feeling every one of those 240 bpm!) that is when I feel the worst... I get very very cold feet... I'm beyond the point of no return with exhaustion.. and yeah.. the nausea and the sweats - or i should say what should be the sweats- instead is a really bad hot flash and the inabilty to sweat...are just an added bonus i guess.. i noitce that i shake uncontrollably when my hr is about 190.. and my insides feel like they are getting ready for take or something.. b/c they are "quivering"...

I can usually tell when it is fast because I am standing and it pounds so hard. I know my BP is low because of vision changes. Occasionally it will go really fast after eating or while I'm just laying on the couch. I can feel it start and I usually get really flushed and hot.

Dawn

I know when mine is up because I feel more dizzy and lightheaded as well as weak.

I don't always feel the heartbeat beating any faster or have pain. Then I have days when I have pain or discomfort along with the dizzies.

Hope this helps..:blink:

Amber

I always notice when my pulse is off, even a little. Usually it's in the 70s/80s sitting down, and I can feel when it goes to the 90s/100s. Something just doesn't feel right - I feel dizzy, wird, tired all at the same time. And when I walk, it goes up even further. I still can usually tolerate that, but if it gets any worse, I just take some BB and it goes away. I don't think I could handle a seated HR of 160 - I would be headed to the dr or the ER at that point. I guess each of us is different...