What Is Your Bp W/o Meds...? With Meds(and Which Meds)??

Just curious to see what most ppl's BP runs from ....

Without any meds mine was 90/50 Monday and with meds (Florinef & Toprol) mine can range from 90/54-108/60..

Jacquie

When I'm in Pots Hole my BP can get down into the 70s/40s (and miraculously I do not faint). However, it normally ranges from 85/52 - 95/65. If I'm at a doctor's office though I get stressed and have anxiety, so it often reads higher in those situations. The only med I've tried to raise it was Midodrine and I never noticed any difference even when I upped my dosage.

Gena

I was put on clonidine about a month ago.

Mine is around 120/70 as long as I am lying down. When I am up after more than 10 minutes or so, it goes to around 180/90-220/130. Then I faint. On the clonidine, it has dropped to about 90/40 if reclining and will pop up to 150/90 if up too long. Even on the med, if I'm having a bad day, no matter what I do, my bp will not come down.

The only time my bp is ever on the low side is if I've been lying down for a long time. morgan

I haven't been without meds since I was in the NIH study in 2000... and I wouldn't do it again. It's terribly low--with no diastole, like 50/-- or less.

Nina

Wow, I never realized that you could faint from your BP being soo high!!

Jacquie

I never thought I would be a fainter because of my hypertension, but i started fainting last August. That I know of I have NEVER fainted when it's low, only when it's high. It will go from 120/80 to 220/120 in about 1-5 minutes and then poof I'm doing the face plant dance.

Shows what I knew...

Mine is generally around 90/50 when i am feeling reasonable. On a bad day, like today it is reading 52/28. Struggling today!

I have heard beta blockers lower your bp. But i have to take them to slow down the heart rate.

Can't win eh?

Without meds it's been tracked from 180/120 to 55/33 to palp, and with meds it's usually around the low side of normal.