Update On Jeff From Michigan Jan

michiganjan

Today we got the results of Jeff's latest CT scan. It showed stable disease. In other words, he has the same amount of cancer in the same places as the last scan. 1 enlarged lymph node, thickening in wall of esophogus, tumors in the liver and possible tumors in the kidneys. The new chemo combo has held the disease but not caused it to shrink. Today the doctor added another new chemo drug to the mix, so now he is taking a combo of 3. The new one will be given weekly and the old ones, every other week.

Thank you everyone for praying for us. We sure can use the prayers, hugs, loving thoughts, and energy. This has been one very rough trip and it goes on.

I suppose the only good news in all of this is that the disease has not advanced any further. You know that you and Jeff are always in our thoughts. Teri is sitting here with me, and we both are sending your our best thougths--she prays...I send good energy. Hopefully, it will help bolster you, even if just a little.

Nina

Jan,

You and your husband have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be....I'm glad the cancer hasn't gotten worse, let's hope this new combo gives an improvement.

Jacquie

Lots of prayers coming your way, Jan. I have Barrett's Esophagus and have my throat monitored very closely now. Please keep the faith. You and your husband have been in my thoughts and prayers for a long time now.

Dan