begining to feel human-so slow

blackwolf

i have been "away" for so long and have a lot of catching up to do. i know it will take a long time for me to catch up on all the posts, but i will.

recovery has been slow-as expected but had more surgary than planned. started with just the cyst at T4 but ended up with "fiberous removal" at T3 and T5. i ended up with a 8 1/2 inch cut instead of 3-4 inches. recovery has been slow but improving. i already have relief from chest pain and headaches. in the begining i was nearly completely paralized in the left leg, but as the swelling went down it has slowly come back. i have daily walking and excersices that help but still going slow. doc says i have done better than planned and should be starting pt in the next few weeks if needed. upper back is still tender but i feel better every day and am starting to get into my old habits. trying to be good. it is amazing how much those muscles in the upper back are used for EVERYTHING.

thanks to everyone who has writen, sent cards, etc.

blackwolf

blackwolf...

thanks for checking in with us...

i hope you have you continue to feel more and more human!

you have had quite a rough journey and a very rough few months...i hope this is the beginning of much healing for you...

don't worry about 'catching up' on posts! just jump in when you can! it's always good to hear from you.

emiliy

MY GOSH! What a HUGE incision you have. I can NOT imagine the discomfort!?

I have had neck pain issues intermittent for years from old pinched nerve injury.

I am sorry you had more surgery than you were expecting. Yes, we use our neck/back muscles constantly and I can't IMAGINE how you feel, after cutting all those muscles. OUCH.

I hope the fellow surgery pts here and at other sites can give you tips on coping. Best to you! Take it easy.

Sophia

7.gif

thanks everyone,

been rather down lately as i have had some more trouble with my shoulder muscles(spasms mostly) and i am having a hard time getting going out and about again. i really miss even those short trips out. i have gone along and just sat in the car just to get out, but it still isn't the same.

still hangin' on, :)

blackwolf

Guest Mary from OH

Blackwolf!!!

So happy to hear from you already!!! Glad to see you've made it through!!! I know you still have a long road to recovery ahead of you, but at least now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!

I'm so happy to hear that some of your pain is disappearing!! Isn't it strange how when we have surgery, that the surgical pain itself isn't nearly as bad as the pain we have been suffering from for so long??!!

I'm still praying for you and wishing for a speedy recovery for you!!!

Great job on the terrific progress you've made so far!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

:):D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

bw-

i'm with morgan...i really thought i'd replied already so am glad the post got brought up to the surface again.

thanks for checking in with us...but do whatever you need to take care of yourself right now. you're right in that recovery is slow. my neck surgery was much less in terms of incision size, etc. and i was still amazed at how much it took out of me. and the actual surgery site/incision was only a small piece of it. it just takes a lot out of your system...so as hard as it is, patience is definitely mandatory.

so...keep on keepin on & hang in there. i'm glad things are heading in the right direction...

:) melissa