Pregnancy problems

Ling

Hi Moms

I hoping you can give me some inspiration. I am 9 weeks at the moment and not enjoying this at all. I did so much research about pregnancy especially due to our health problems. Honestly I was not prepared for the changes I am going through. I still have the pain (bad period) that comes and goes now. I am exhausted and can?t wait to get home and sleep at nighttime. I am irritated like you can?t believe. Don?t know myself or like myself to be honest. Then the vomiting. I get sick the whole day mornings, afternoons and evenings. It never goes away. Evenings are the worst for me. This week it has got worst. I don?t know what I expect you moms to say but help I feel terrible and miserable. Plus no one told me about all this wind. I feel like a beer drinker. Sounds terrible and so un lady like. My gyny gave me medication for the nausea. I had very bad heart cramps behind the wheel I must add. My Cardiologist said I must stop medication immediately. As usual this potsy body can?t get medication to help.

I am so use to being sick but now everything just seems worst. Not enjoying this at all. Lets just hope baby feels okay where he is lying.

I saw baby on Monday he is 1.4 cm and has a heartbeat of 170. My due date at this stage is 30 May 2006. Goodness knows how they going to get baby out of me.

B)

Is it my imagination or is my heart working more at this stage? Feels like it is beating faster.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ling Hi...

I am sorrry that you are having such a hard time and that you arent feeling well..

I unfortunately dont have any words of advice.. as I have never been pregnant.. but I just wanted you to know that I hope things settle down for you and that you can enjoy your pregnancy..and feel well...

god bless you and your baby on the way!!

B) dizzygirl

Corina, they say in your country if you vomit a lot you will probably get twins??? AARRGGGH!! I guess I missed the bullet! (Just kidding!)

I lived on the bathroom floor when I was pregnant. Fortunately we had 2 bathrooms because I "inhabited" one. I literally slept on the floor and took meals there because things would come back up as soon as it went down... sometimes appearing unchanged! I lost weight all but the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy - I finally managed to gain 7 pounds and my son was born (at 36 weeks) weighing 7 pounds 5 ounces.

Unfortunately I don't have any words of advice. When I was pregnant 14 years ago I had not been diagnosed yet and my husband (now ex-husband) just yelled at me all the time for being lazy.

Hi ling,

Sorry you are feeling so poorly. Have you tried the usual, crackers, ginger ale when you can stomach it. Small meals throughout the day. For most the nausea does get better after the first three months B)

Your body now has to try to circulate more blood volume for two. It certainly can give you tachy and all those other great symptoms. With all three of mine I had some strange ones. My first I had tachy whenever I moved and the most wicked cramps in the early part of the pregnancy as well as some nasty heartburn. My second was not too bad. The third gave me cramps all 9 months long as well as tachycardia events, runs of pac and pvcs, uti's, a whole bunch of stuff. Everything turned out fine :blink:

During the second to third trimester the increase in blood volume makes a lot of women feel much better, but make sure you keep up the increase in fluids to a nice level for yourself.

I used to chew on ginger pieces from the health food store, used ginger root capsules as well as ginger candy for heartburn and for nausea.

Take care of yourself, I'm sure you will do great and will start to feel better soon B):)

I am sorry you arent enjoying pregnancy. I was sick from about week 7 to week 13. I just got used to throwing up and drinking lots of fluid. For me the exaustion lasted half way through my second trimester. After that I had an enormous amount of energy. Just think of the beautiful baby you will have when it is all over!

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well.

With my first child, I was sick most of the time. I spent more time in the restroom where I worked then at my desk. I even carried plastic bags in the car, because I was always votiming.

My second, I didn't think it could get any worse than the first, but I was wrong, puking from 2 a.m. to 11p.m. It was bad. The doctor gave me some stuff, (plogel) to rub on my wrist for the neausa, it did wonders at times.

My third went better. Except for the gall bladder.

It was all worth it at the end though, keep that in mind. B)

Just try to keep drinking the fluids, and try different things to eat, you'll be surprised. With my first, the only thing I could keep down for about a month was McDonald's cheeseburgers. Weird I know, but I ate them for lunch and supper, so you never know.

Good luck and hope you feel better.

Tracy

Ling,

For me, weeks 7-12 were the worst the entire pregnancy. Hang in there. In the second trimester, I had more energy than I ever had in my whole life. Six hours of sleep was all I needed. Now I need 9-10. Yes, it stinks to feel horrible. But your baby is depending on you and you have to stay positive and think about the end result. Just nine months and a whole new life will begin, thanks to you and your partner.

You CAN do this!

And by the way, your hormones are surging a great deal right now, so that's why you are probably getting more heart-related issues (irregular beats or faster rate, etc.), but please do tell your doctor about this.

Amy

Kim,

It sounds like everything you are experiencing is very normal for pregnancy :) It's funny, all the times we've talked when I was pregnant, and now it's your turn...remember how rough I had it for a few months there?! I never even visited the boards or e-mailed you because I was so sick. Anyhow I was very sick with both pregnancies from about week 6 to week 16. My nausea lasted day and night, never let up, and I also vomited a lot and was so exhausted I could barely lift my head. I too had to take meds for it. Especially with the second baby. We are all different in terms of POTS symptoms during pregnancy, but mine were at their worst during the first trimester- and when you add the nausea and fatigue to it all, YES it feels awful. But it usually gets better, at least the pregnancy part...the nausea should diminish in a few weeks (in fact, my midwife told me it peaks between 9-11 weeks, so that tends to be the worst of it). Most women have lots of energy in the second trimester and feel pretty good. I hope this is the case for you.

Just remember how long you've been waiting for this...it's been a rough road for you trying to conceive, and now the baby you've wanted is finally on the way. I promise you it will be worth ALL this hardship. Keep us updated on how you are feeling!!! Take care of yourself nand be sure to rest when your body tells you to!!!

Ling, I only am speaking from living with my sisters through their total of 6 full term pregnancies... the first trimester is tough. They both were so nauseated and tired all the time. However, sometime between 12 and 14 weeks, they both started to feel more energetic and the nausea backed off. Everyone, of course, is very individual, so you might be a bit different.

It was so amazing to me to watch how the same sister was so different with each pregnancy. She put on the normal 35 or so pounds the first time, and then a HUGE 60 lbs the second time, and then average 30 to 35 for the next two. No rhyme or reason with regard to the sex of the baby b/c baby one was a girl, two was a boy, three was a girl, and four was a boy. She did tell me that the last one was the hardest because of how much older her body was this time (the baby boy is only 8 mos old, and his next closest sibling is 12 years old).

Keep yourself focused, as much as you can, on what the end of this process will bring you. You've worked so hard to get here, and I wish you better health and energy to prepare for all the changes in your life that are coming.

:) Nina

Thank you for all the advice. I just need to fight this with the strength that we fight our pots. You are all right and I need to concentrate on the end result. I promise to keep this in mind and work harder on trying to get through this. Hope my sense of humour returns soon, I miss laughing at life.

Thank you, I cant imagine my life without this forum! :)

Ling,

The others who replied to your post gave excellent advice. I will not repeat it. I can add something about your fear that they won't be able to get the baby out of you. When it is time for the baby to be born it will come out one way or another, and however it does, it will be okay for you and the baby.

Oh, I also saw once while traipsing the internet, lollipops for nausea. I think they are ginger flavored.

I am sorry you are having a hard time. With me, dysautonomia started during my pregnancy so I know all about having a hard time. I puked for about 4 1/2 months and the pots symptoms started at about month 4. Dizzniness, light headed, feeling overwhelmed, unable to stand, fatigue, breathlessness, etc.

Just get as much rest as possible and stay close to family. I had a healthy baby but my symptoms worsened after. But, then again, I had pre-eclampsia and was on bed rest for 2 months post pregnancy.

At least you have already been diagnosed and have doctors that know. Good luck and take it easy.

ling -

i don't have anything to add re: advice but just thought i'd send some (((HUGS)))...can't have too many of those. hang in there...it'll be worth it i'm sure!

:) melissa

Ling--Hang in there-- and as others have said, keep your mind on the end result--a healthy child. For me the late 2nd trimester into the mid- 3rd was the worst--same experience as April Abbott, above. Who knows why--this is when most POTS patients feel best. Anyway, I also had a lot of nausea and vomiting in the 1st trimester--at all times of day. It is generally a very good sign that the pregnancy is healthy. Try to keep hydrated, as this is the time that your body is building blood volume at a fast rate and it is easy to become dehydrated. I found that I felt worse on an empty stomach, so I snacked lightly throughout the day. I also found that too much fluid at once made me feel sick--so I sipped throughout the day. Hopefully you can do this at work.

As someone else said too, try not to worry yourself about the birthing process. It is very good to prepare yourself and be open to any eventuality (natural, meds, c-section). But remember, you do not have a lot of control over what happens during birth--except to be knowledgable. People focus a lot on the birthing process when they are pregnant--which is natural to do--but it is only the beginning of parenthood. I was very disappointed when I had a c-section, but the end result--a healthy child--was the only thing that mattered.

It sounds like everything is going well with the pregnancy, even though you are experiencing a lot of discomfort.

Take care, Katherine